"Newton Abbot" Newton Abbot by grayfo
Newton Abbot Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 29 photos
Newton Abbot is a busy market town that located near the south coast of Devon, the market dates back to 1220.
Must see sights include: the Alexandra Theatre, St Leonards Tower, Forde House, Bradley manor, the Passmore Edwards Public Library, the Workhouse, Tucker’s Maltings, Ye Olde Cider Bar and the Town Museum.
Newton Abbot Town Council
"What is now known as Newton Abbot comprises two adjoining 'twin' boroughs which are for ecclesiastical purposes in separate parishes and for civil purposes in separate hundreds, viz: Newton Abbot in Wolborough parish and Haytor hundred . . . and Newton Bushel in Highweek parish and Teignbridge hundred."
Ay-Champagne - France
Besigheim - Germany
The Newton Abbot flag was adopted by the Town Council in 2009 and incorporates the new St Leonard’s Tower logo into the standard Devon County flag. The colours have been described as “green for the moors, black for the granite and white for the clay.
Newton Abbot Racecourse is one of the country’s leading summer jumps racecourses and hosts about 19 meetings per season.... more travel advice
Part of the Premier Inn chain, as far as I’m concerned these hotels offer good value with the added bonus of having a... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Newton Abbot Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Newton Abbot
- Hotels in Newton Abbot
- Transportation in Newton Abbot
- Restaurants in Newton Abbot
- Shopping in Newton Abbot
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Newton Abbot
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Newton Abbot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newton Abbot
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues