"Poole" Top 5 Page for this destination Poole by grayfo
Poole Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 191 photos
Poole is a large coastal town located on the south coast in the county of Dorset and has the largest natural harbour in Europe and the claimant of the title of second largest natural harbour in the world after Sydney Harbour.
Must see sights include: Poole Quay, Brownsea Island, the Lighthouse Arts Centre and Sandbanks to name but a few.
The beach at Sandbanks fly’s the coveted Blue Flag.
People who live in or who come from Poole are called Poolers
Borough of Poole
The coat of arms consists of a shield with wavy bars of black and gold represent the sea and to the fore a dolphin representing Poole's maritime interests. To the top are scallop shells, the emblem of Saint James and are associated with his shrine at Santiago de Compostela – a popular destination for Christian pilgrims departing from Poole Harbour in the Middle Ages. The crest is a mermaid supporting an anchor and holding a cannonball, the supporters are a gold lion holding a long sword representing William Longespee to the left and a dragon derived from the Royal Arms of Elizabeth I to the right.
- In a nutshell:Motto: According to the custom of the Town of Poole
(J 147) - Bangor-class Minesweeper HMS Poole was a Bangor Class Minesweeper that was built in Glasgow and launched in... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Poole Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Poole, England"
- "Poole Borough"
- "Poole: Port, Pottery, Pubs and Pretty Girls"
- "Sandbanks-The home of the wealthy!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poole
- Hotels in Poole
- Transportation in Poole
- Nightlife in Poole
- Restaurants in Poole
- Shopping in Poole
- Warnings and Dangers in Poole
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poole
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Poole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poole
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues