"Saint Austell - Austol" Saint Austell by grayfo
Saint Austell Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 278 photos
St Austell is a meeting point of old and new Cornwall, of ancient, narrow streets and smart pedestrian precincts with fine shops. Little more than a hamlet of houses with a church for much of its history, St Austell was transformed by the discovery in the mid-eighteenth century, by the chemist William Cookworthy, of huge reserves of china clay. St. Austell is a market town situated on the southern slope of a hill overlooking the lower part of the Pentewan Valley.
St Austell is the largest town in Cornwall and is known locally as ?Snozzle?.
The St Austell Local produce Market has been running every Saturday since October 2010. The closest car park is at... more travel advice
(K 634) - Bay-class Frigate Loch Class Anti-Submarine Frigate was ordered from Harland and Wolff of Belfast in... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Saint Austell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day in The Garden of Eden"
- "Eden Project & WOMAD"
- "home of the eden project"
- "Gateway to the Eden Project"
- "St. Austell"
- "Saint Austell - Austol"
- "Eden Project and Saint Austell"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Austell
- Hotels in Saint Austell
- Transportation in Saint Austell
- Nightlife in Saint Austell
- Restaurants in Saint Austell
- Shopping in Saint Austell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Austell
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Saint Austell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Austell
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues