"Stow-on-the-Wold" Stow on the Wold by grayfo
Stow on the Wold Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 41 photos
Stow-on-the-Wold is a small market town and was originally known as Stow St. Edward or Edwardstow after the town's patron saint Edward. The town was known within the area for its contribution to the wool industry and was famous for its huge annual fairs where as many as 20,000 sheep were sold at one time. Today the town Stow is an important shopping centre and has many fine Antique shops, Art galleries and Cotswold Gift and Craft shops.
Must see sights include: the Marketplace, the Church of Saint Edward and Saint Edwards Hall.
grayfo's Related Pages
Stow on the Wold Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Cotswold Route..."
- "Stow on the Wold"
- "stow on the wold"
- "British Cheese Festivals 2000 and 2001"
- "The Cutest Little Place You've Ever Seen"
- "Stow on the wold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stow on the Wold
- Hotels in Stow on the Wold
- Restaurants in Stow on the Wold
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stow on the Wold
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Stow on the Wold?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stow on the Wold
Photos in Stow on the WoldSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues