"Truro (Truru)" Top 5 Page for this destination Truro by grayfo
Truro Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 96 photos
Truro is the County Town of Cornwall and Truro derives its name from the Cornish Tri-veru, meaning three rivers, and developed as a tin port between the Truro River and the rivers Kenwyn and Allen. Its cobbled streets and tiny alleyways, known as "opes" lead to the magnificent Victorian Cathedral that dominates the city. Truro is an historic Market Town and is also a centre for the farming community.
The coat of arms consists of an old three-masted ship under sail above two fish. The supporters are a miner holding a pick and a fisherman with a coil of rope.
- Pros:Truro Cathedral
- In a nutshell:Motto 'EXALTUM CORNU IN DEO' - The horn is exalted in God
The Truro Cornwall Food and Drink Festival, the annual celebration of Cornish food and drink, now in its 8th year took... more travel advice
The centre is a good source of Information on local and national attractions, Advice on planning excursions and... more travel advice
Written Nov 3, 2011
Truro Cathedral - July 2011
Written Nov 5, 2011
Postcards - Old
grayfo's Related Pages
Truro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Truro - In the Valley"
- "Truro - Cornwall's Cathedral Town"
- "Truro (Truru)"
- "Truro, Cornwall"
- "A beautiful small city"
- "The City of Truro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truro
- Hotels in Truro
- Transportation in Truro
- Restaurants in Truro
- Shopping in Truro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Truro
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Truro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truro
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues