Marostica Local Custom Tips by grayfo
Marostica Local Customs: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Over 500 local people celebrate a legendary dual between two men over the local Lord’s daughter, to maintain peace the Lord suggested it should be in the form of a Chess match with the loser taking the hand of his other daughter. This match is now re-enacted in the form of a life-size chess board in the town square with the participants dressed accordingly. The celebration also includes dancing, music and fireworks.
Held on the second Friday, Saturday and Sunday of September in even-number years.
Friday and Saturday: 9:00 pm
Sunday: 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm
Friday: 30 to 70€
Saturday: 40 t0 80 €
Sunday: 10 to 30€ and 20 to 60€
Piazza Castello, Marostica IT-36063
Phone: +39 (0) 424 72127
© La Cilliegia di Marostica I.G.P.
The Marostica cherry is a round fruit, red, with firm flesh and is the only Italian cherry to be awarded the European Seal of Recognition; this identifies the unique characteristics of a product whose production occurs only in a particular geographic area. The cherries can be recognised by the logo that depicts a red cherry with a green stem on top of a medieval tower set on a piece of a chessboard.
More Reviews (20)
grayfo's Related Pages
Marostica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marostica - Maròstega"
- "One up, one down"
- "Marostica - Home of the Human Chess Game Scacchi"
- "Human Chess anyone?"
- "Under the rain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marostica
- Hotels in Marostica
- Transportation in Marostica
- Restaurants in Marostica
- Shopping in Marostica
- See All...
Explore the World
- Africa Hotels
- Lagos de Moreno Hotels
- Vatulele Island Hotels
- Camross Hotels
- Castiglione della Pescaia
Badges & Stats in Marostica
- 22 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Marostica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marostica
Photos in MarosticaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues