"Rovigo" Rovigo by grayfo
Rovigo Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 205 photos
Rovigo is a town of 51,000 inhabitants to the south west of Venice in Italy between the rivers Adige and the Po. It is one of the seven principal provincial towns in the Region.
Must see sights include: the ruins of the castle, the church of Madonna del Soccorso, the cathedral and the town hall to name but a few.
I arrived early evening and left the next morning (in December) so I apologise for the quality of the photos with the tips.
People who live in or who come from Rovigo are called Rodigini
Official Site (In Italian)
Chamber of Commerce (In Italian)
The coat of arms consists of a shield split vertically, with a laurel surrounding the base and sides, topped by a crown. The left side shows a tower upon which is a winged lion with banner, the right half is split horizontally with a white panel at the top and a green panel to the bottom.
Previously known as Corpo di Guardia, this Austrian Guardhouse was built by Venetian Tommaso Meduna in 1854. more travel advice
Rovigo has a market, this one was being held on a Thursday, not sure if this is a regular event but it was quite large... more travel advice
Written Nov 16, 2012
Rovigo Views – December 2007
Written Aug 31, 2013
Postcards - New
grayfo's Related Pages
Rovigo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rovigo, the "town of roses""
- "Rovigo, nice little town in Veneto"
- "Rovigo, what a nice surprise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rovigo
- Hotels in Rovigo
- Transportation in Rovigo
- Restaurants in Rovigo
- Shopping in Rovigo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rovigo
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Rovigo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rovigo
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues