"Port Said - Bûr Saîd" Port Said by grayfo
Port Said Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 37 photos
Port Said is situated on the Mediterranean Sea, and at the northern end of the Suez Canal. This is where the huge ships wait to enter the Suez Canal, and is a sight not to miss. The name Port Said was chosen by a committee from Great Britain, France, Russia, Austria, Spain and Piedmont.
Must see sights include: the Lighthouse of Port Said, Port Said Martyrs Memorial that has the shape of the Pharaonic ancient obelisks and the building of the Suez Canal Authority Headquarters to name but a few.
Did You Know
The nickname of Port Said is “The Valiant City”.
The Name of the city of Port Said is derived from two words; the word "Port" and the name of the ruler of Egypt at the time the city was first established in 1855.
grayfo's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Port Said
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Port Said?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Said
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues