"Collioure" Top 5 Page for this destination Collioure by grayfo
Collioure Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 257 photos
Located only 20 minutes from the Pyrenees and Spanish Catalonia, Collioure is an attractive port that was home of the Fauvist Movement, favoured because of the rare quality of the light. The town said to resemble St-Tropez before it was spoiled, a French answer to England’s St Ives. Collioure is a charming and alluring port, said to be at its best in spring and autumn. When visiting don’t miss the Chateau Royal, few forts are more impressive, with sheer walls rising out of the water. In the 13th and 14th centuries it was part of the Kingdom of Majorca; it was fortified in the 15th century and fought over by the kings of Aragon, Spain and France in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- In a nutshell:Motto: Always forward, We'll never die
Anchovy sauce from an old recipe, exclusively made by Raymond Polito. Enjoy on toast for a hearty appetiser. Accompany... more travel advice
Fort St Elme sits five hundred feet above the eastern arm of the bay. Beautifully and sympathetically lit at night, it... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Collioure Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Collioure -Jewel of the Vermeille Coast"
- "Collioure ... un site ravissant et unique !"
- " Collioure "
- "Collioure - Art and the ocean"
- "The Bay...of Collioure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Collioure
- Hotels in Collioure
- Transportation in Collioure
- Restaurants in Collioure
- Shopping in Collioure
- Warnings and Dangers in Collioure
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Collioure
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Collioure?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Collioure
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues