"Dinard" Dinard by grayfo
Dinard Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 47 photos
North Brittany’s most sophisticated seaside resort is a pretty town with tree-lined streets, shops and restaurants. The town is located at the top of the Rance River, opposite St-Malo and until the mid-19th century was a small fishing port. Although a small port the fishing was important as most of the fishermen sought their catch far away in the seas around Newfoundland.
The change in fortunes of Dinard started in about 1850 with the arrival of an English family (Faber); followed quickly by a number of wealthy American families. These arrivals signalled the start of a golden age for Dinard, which lasted until the start of the First World War. Dinard has something for everyone – broad sandy beaches, gardens, parks, a casino, Victorian-Gothic style villas and many hotels, which overlook the sea.
Did You Know
People who live in or who come from Dinard are called Dinardais
Official Homepage (In French)
Tourist Office of Dinard
The coat of arms is based on the arms of the Priory of Dinard and consists of a cross of silver with black tufted fur, the background is green and in each quarter there is a red vertical stripe.
Newquay - UK
Starnberg - Germany
The current Flag of Dinard was commissioned as recently as 1997 and presented to the public in May 1998. The flag consists of ten horizontal, alternating blue and white stripes (the city colours). Along the hoist is a wide vertical yellow band with a standing black bear with yellow crown to its centre.
- In a nutshell:Cannes of the North
grayfo's Related Pages
Dinard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dinard - Seaside town"
- "Dinard - Beautiful seaside"
- "Resplendent Dinard"
- "Dinard revisited"
- "Dinard, France"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinard
- Transportation in Dinard
- Nightlife in Dinard
- Restaurants in Dinard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dinard
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Dinard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinard
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues