"Dinard" Dinard by grayfo
Dinard Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 48 photos
North Brittany’s most sophisticated seaside resort. Dinard is located at the top of the Rance River, opposite St-Malo. Until the mid-19th century Dinard was a small fishing port and dependent on the neighbouring parish of Saint Enogat administratively. Although a small port the fishing was important as most of the fishermen sought their catch far away in the seas around Newfoundland. However, the climate, setting and sheltered beaches attracted royal and wealthy families from around Europe. The change in fortunes of Dinard started in about 1850 with the arrival of an English family (Faber); followed quickly by a number of wealthy American families. These arrivals signalled the start of a golden age for Dinard, which lasted until the start of the First World War. Dinard has something for everyone – broad sandy beaches, gardens, parks, a casino and Victorian-Gothic style villas, many now hotels, which overlook the sea.
People who live in or who come from Dinard are called Dinardais
grayfo's Related Pages
Dinard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dinard - Seaside town"
- "Dinard - Beautiful seaside"
- "Resplendent Dinard"
- "Dinard revisited"
- "Dinard, France"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinard
- Transportation in Dinard
- Nightlife in Dinard
- Restaurants in Dinard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dinard
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Dinard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinard
Photos in DinardSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues