"Fougères" Top 5 Page for this destination Fougères by grayfo
Fougères Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 185 photos
The historic Breton town of Fougères, home to the largest medieval castle in Europe that dominates the town with its ring of defensive towers and strong walls. Fougères is also a good place to explore, with its half-timbered houses and the grand old church of Saint-Sulpice, built in the fifteenth century in typical gothic style.
Did You Know
People who live in or who come from Fougères are called Fougerais
Official Website (French)
City Website (French)
Office de tourisme de Fougères (French)
The coat of arms consists of three green branches of fern (the name Fougères meaning, "dweller at or near a place where fern grew”) upon a gold background. To top third consists of three pieces of tufted fur black on silver
Tourist Office that welcomes over 35,000 visitors per year that is a good source of maps and tourist information. Also... more travel advice
The Château de Fougères is a castle that was built in the 10th century, rebuilt in stone in the 12th, strengthened with... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Fougères Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL FOUGERES"
- "Medieval Fougeres"
- "Fougeres Has a Fine Fortress-Castle (Chateau)"
- "Medieval town"
- "Fougéres, the guardian of Brittany"
- "Chateau de Fougeres"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fougères
- Hotels in Fougères
- Transportation in Fougères
- Nightlife in Fougères
- Restaurants in Fougères
- Shopping in Fougères
- Warnings and Dangers in Fougères
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fougères
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Fougères?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fougères
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues