"Rennes" Top 5 Page for this destination Rennes by grayfo
Rennes Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 470 photos
The capital city of Brittany, Rennes takes its name from the Redones, one of the Celtic tribes of pre-Roman times. Rennes is a modern city with a historic centre as well as being the regional capital of Brittany.
Rennes has a large student population due to its two universities and a medical school along with numerous specialised schools. The nightlife tends to be in the cafés and bars which frequently offer entertainment in the form of traditional Breton music.
Did You Know
People who live in or who come from Rennes are called Rennais
City Council Website (In French)
Rennes for Visitors
Rennes Tourist Office
The Rennes coat of arms consists of six Vertical Bands of silver and of black, the top band is silver with five tufts of black ermine.
Almaty - Kazakhstan
Brno – Czech Republic
Cork - Ireland
Erlangen - Germany
Exeter - England
Jinan - China
Leuven - Belgium
Poznań - Poland
Rochester - USA
Sendai - Japan
Setif - Algeria
Sibiu - Romania
The flag of Rennes consists of six Vertical Bands of silver and of black, the top band is silver with five tufts of black ermine.
- Pros:Gateway to Brittany
- In a nutshell:Motto: Live in harmony
The Rennes Tourist Information Centre is opened 7 days a week and is the right place to find out information on what to... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Rennes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A French city in Bretagne"
- "sandravdp's new Mont St Michel & St Malo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rennes
- Hotels in Rennes
- Transportation in Rennes
- Nightlife in Rennes
- Restaurants in Rennes
- Shopping in Rennes
- Warnings and Dangers in Rennes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rennes
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Rennes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rennes
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 36 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- England Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos