"Cheshire" Cheshire by grayfo
Cheshire Travel Guide: 764 reviews and 1,870 photos
Cheshire is a rural county located in the north-west of the country and is well known for its gardens, waterways fields and hills. Historically the county is well-known through Chester which was a Roman stronghold and main garrison town. In fact Cheshire's name originally came from an early name for Chester, and was first recorded as Legeceasterscir in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, translated as “the shire of the city of legions”.
The county town of Cheshire is the city of Chester.
This is Cheshire
Cheshire Picture and Image Archives
The coat of arms consists of three gold wheatsheaves representing the ancient Earldom of Chester and an erect golden word from the emblem of the County Palatinate on a blue background. The supporters and crest, lions with ostrich feathers reference that the Earldom of Chester has generally been held by the heir to the throne, usually the Prince of Wales.
The flag of Cheshire consists of three gold wheatsheaves representing the ancient Earldom of Chester and an erect golden word from the emblem of the County Palatinate on a blue background.
- Pros:Charming Cheshire
- In a nutshell:Motto: By the right and dignity of the Sword
Cheshire cheese is a dense, crumbly, mild and salty tasting cheese and is one of the oldest recorded named cheeses in... more travel advice
Although the history of Cheshire can be traced back to between 38,0000 BC and 40,0000 BC Cheshire is probably better... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Cheshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cheshire Life"
- "More Than Footballer's Wives"
- "The Cheshire Set - not just Gucci and Footballers"
- "Beautifull Cheshire"
- "The Place my Peeps came from - Anderton!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheshire
- Hotels in Cheshire
- Transportation in Cheshire
- Nightlife in Cheshire
- Restaurants in Cheshire
- Shopping in Cheshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Cheshire
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheshire
- 23 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Cheshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheshire
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues