"Dyfed" Dyfed by grayfo
Dyfed Travel Guide: 365 reviews and 1,315 photos
Dyfed is a county in South-West Wales and was formed in 1974 it comprises the former counties of Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire. The Kingdom of Dyfed was one of several Welsh petty kingdoms that emerged in 5th-century.
The county town of Dyfed is Carmarthen.
The coat of arms is divided into three and consists of a golden lion rampant regardant on a black ground (for Gwaethfoed, Prince of Ceredigion), a golden lion rampant on a red ground ( for Rhys ap Tewdwr, Prince of Deheubarth), and a golden lion rampant between golden roses on a blue ground (for Gwynfardd, Prince of Dyfed). The crest is a golden eagle holding an open book perced upon a castle with a Tudor rose to the fore. The supporters are a red dragon with oak branch and a seahorse with trident.
The motto is that of the former Carmarthenshire County Council.
The flag of the Kingdom of Dyfed is a golden lion rampant between golden roses on a blue ground and represents Gwynfardd, Prince of Dyfed, whose seat was in Pembrokeshire.
- In a nutshell:Motto: A free people a prosperous country
grayfo's Related Pages
Dyfed Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dyfed
- Hotels in Dyfed
- Transportation in Dyfed
- Nightlife in Dyfed
- Restaurants in Dyfed
- Shopping in Dyfed
- Warnings and Dangers in Dyfed
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dyfed
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Dyfed?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dyfed
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 38 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues