"Vitré" Vitré by grayfo
Vitré Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 183 photos
Vitré lays 35km east of Rennes and is located on the slopes of the Vilaine river. The castle is the focal point of the town with its powerful grey walls built into an unusual triangular plan, the castle is on the original 11th century site although it was extensively rebuilt and fortified in the 13th and 15th centuries. Surrounding the castle are the mainly pedestrianised medieval streets, with their fine old half-timbered buildings containing an assortment of restaurants and crêperies among their number.
Must see sights/attractions include: the castle, the Notre-Dame church, the old Military Barracks and the Station to name but a few.
Did You Know
People who live in or who come from Vitré are called Vitréens
The Tourist Information Office is a good source for practical information, cottages, hotels, guest houses, restaurants,... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Vitré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VITRE - ANOTHER MEDIEVAL TOWN"
- "A Castle with an Intact "Murder Hole" & More"
- "Vitrè - Medieval Town"
- "The marshes of high Brittany, and a castle."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vitré
- Hotels in Vitré
- Transportation in Vitré
- Restaurants in Vitré
- Shopping in Vitré
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vitré
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
Have you been to Vitré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vitré
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 35 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 30 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 21 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues