"Vitré" Vitré by grayfo
Vitré Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 66 photos
Vitré lays 35km east of Rennes and is located on the slopes of the Vilaine river. The castle is the focal point of the town with its powerful grey walls built into an unusual triangular plan, the castle is on the original 11th century site although it was extensively rebuilt and fortified in the 13th and 15th centuries. Surrounding the castle are the medieval streets, mainly pedestrianised with their fine old half-timbered buildings containing an assortment of restaurants and crêperies among their number.
People who live in or who come from Vitré are called Vitréens
The castle is one of the best in Brittany, the first stone castle on this site dates from the end of the 11th century.... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Vitré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VITRE - ANOTHER MEDIEVAL TOWN"
- "A Castle with an Intact "Murder Hole" & More"
- "Vitrè - Medieval Town"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vitré
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Vitré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vitré
Photos in VitréSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues