"Herefordshire" Herefordshire by grayfo
Herefordshire Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 385 photos
Herefordshire is a rural county with fertile soil that produces an abundance of fruit and vegetables; in fact the apple orchards support the cider production, whilst the livestock includes the world famous Hereford cow. Herefordshire is a county of two halves; to the east the land is made up of green fields and rounded hills with traditional style English villages. However, to the west the land is more rugged with its hills and views and becomes more attune with bordering Wales.
The county town of Herefordshire is Hereford.
Herefordshire Tourism Website
County Council Website
The coat of arms consists of a silver and blue wave (the River Wye) across the centre of a red background (Red earth of Herefordshire). The three lions (Supporter, Arms and Crest) are taken from the Hereford Arms whilst the bulls head signifies the livestock. The Talbot dog supporter is from the Talbot family.
The County Flag of Herefordshire is from the banner of arms of Herefordshire County Council and features the river Wye running through a red background with a lion above and the head of a Hereford bull below.
- In a nutshell:Motto: Pulchra terra Dei donum (This fair land is the gift of God)
The Herefordshire Walking Festival lasts for 9 days and consists of 53 varied walks taking in the glorious rural... more travel advice
Due to Herefordshire’s location on the border of Wales, the county has been the site of many battles fought between Celt... more travel advice
grayfo's Related Pages
Herefordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WYE VALLEY"
- "Symond's Yat, Wye Valley, Herefordshire"
- "Symonds Yat - Natural Beauty"
- "HOME OF THE BLACK & WHITE TRAIL"
- "UP NORTH"
- "Black & white houses, cider orchards & Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herefordshire
- Hotels in Herefordshire
- Transportation in Herefordshire
- Nightlife in Herefordshire
- Restaurants in Herefordshire
- Shopping in Herefordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Herefordshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Herefordshire
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Herefordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herefordshire
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 23 reviews, 63 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Leamington Spa Intro, 34 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wichita Intro, 24 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kos Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marostica Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues