"hitachi naka..." Hitachi by HyperMKIV

Hitachi Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 21 photos

nothing here...???

well, this isn't a place you'd come to for a vacation. it's pretty much a small town well outside the big city. i liked it though...got back to my roots... =P

everyone was so nice and friendly. people smile at you and no one seems rude at all. problem is, no one speaks any english. my japanese got a little better but it still wasn't good enough...good thing i had my local accout team to help me out.

while in hitachi naka, i had some of the best japanese food i even had. right off the main street, there's a ramen shop and an okonomiyaki shop too. the ramen shop seats maybe 10 or so. i'm not THAT fond of ramen since we been eating it since we were kids. to me it's pretty much plain and so so. but it's fast, cheap and easy...so we opted for that one night. the local guy was saying this is the best ramen around these parts...so i basically had what he was having. plain ramen with char siu and stock. to my surprise...it was the best ramen i've had to date!!! since then, i've been trying ramen all over the place and nothing compares to that place!!! too bad i didn't take any pics... =(

the okonomiyaki place was awesome. we hade a few different types and i still haven't had anything quite as good yet. luckily, i have pics of this place and i'll post them later.

anyway, if you're lucky enough to find these places, you'll be rewarded with a very good value and the best meal you'll have in hitachi naka!!!

• Last visit to Hitachi: Dec 2000
  • Intro Written Apr 29, 2004

Comments

HyperMKIV

“i don't live in hawaii no mo, but it's still my hometown...”

Badges & Stats in Hitachi

Have you been to Hitachi?

Latest Activity in Hitachi