Kea Island Off The Beaten Path Tips by janetanne
Kea Island Off The Beaten Path: 7 reviews and 13 photos
Galatia Takes a Rest on Rex
One of the most famous sites on Kea is the stone sculpture of the smiling lion, attributed to the archetect of the Acropolis in Athens. This stone lion has been lying in this same spot since before 600+BC! I wonder how many visitor have sat on his stoic side? I wonder why the artist chose this isolated spot to place this lonely lion? Why a lion? Were there lions on Kea once upon a time? The answers to these and more questions are lost in the stone face of this lovely lasting lion! The Lion Lying on the hill side if asked may reply, 'Ask Me No Questions, I'll tell you no lies!'
janetanne's Related Pages
Kea Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VT meeting on board!"
- "Kea island"
- "Of a VT meeting excuse..."
- "FIRST PORT OF CALL - ISLAND OF KEA"
- "First Port of Call Towards Santorini"
- "VTers INVADE THE ISLAND OF KEA"
- "Kea Island - Tzia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kea Island
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kea Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kea Island
Photos in Kea IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 42 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vouliagmeni Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Windsor Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Prefecture of Attica Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houghton Lake Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Anavissos Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos