Spetses Island Transportation Tips by janetanne Top 5 Page for this destination
Spetses Island Transportation: 14 reviews and 17 photos
Horse Carriages 2298073170
Water Taxis and Caiques 2298072072
Taxis - Cars
6942635656 Lefteris and Ioannis
6946853253 Antonis and Michalis
6944251945 Panagiotis and Dinos
Modern People Movers
Modern modes of transportation mingle with the old on the busy roads of Spetses. Today's travellers, move by horse drawn carriages, by foot, by motorcycle and even by Segway! What's a Segway? It's that new individual electrically powered mover-standup-strange looking vehicle! One of the big yachts moored in the harbour at Dapia had two of these new devices parked on the dock for their private use. They look very strange indeed, but how I wanted to try it! I'm certain if I had been 40 years younger, those young boys would have been chasing me with those begging me to go for a ride with them...ah, too young too soon!
The Day is Ending
One can't help but think that as time passes when the end of an era is fading into the darkness, that we are loosing something precious. Hold on to those dreams and cherish the traditions of your culture that make your country truly unique. That 'rose' that is yours may be the best there is.
No Petrol Needed
You will alway find a carriage waiting at the port when you arrive...and maybe you will find...
Love and Marriage, love and marriage,
go together like a horse and carriage!
Old vs New
One of the major attractions of Spetsis Island has to be the fact that NO cars are allowed during the peak summer months of the holiday season. During that time, only picturesque horse-drawn carriages can be seen transporting tourists along the beach roads. Unfortunately, local residents have demanded at least some form of convenience in their daily lives and the island has succumbed to the noise of the motorbike. During certain winter months, a limited number of cars and small trucks are allowed by special permission for transporting large items to and from the island. When the heavy tourist season begins in June, even the motorbikes are forbidden to enter the central business and port areas!
More Reviews (37)
janetanne's Related Pages
Spetses Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Female Freedom Fighter"
- "Calm and picturesque..."
- "In the historical island of Spetses"
- "No quite what I expected."
- "Daytrip to Spetses"
- "Spetses, Greece"
- "Laskarinas island."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spetses Island
- Hotels in Spetses Island
- Transportation in Spetses Island
- Nightlife in Spetses Island
- Restaurants in Spetses Island
- Shopping in Spetses Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spetses Island
- 42 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 70 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Spetses Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spetses Island
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "Re: Greek Language"
- Commented on one of janetanne's Spetses Island travel pages
- Wrote a Review Spetses House Facelift in Spetses Island Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spetses House Facelift"
- Uploaded a Video to Spetses Island
- updated a Spetses Island Travelogue "Doors, Windows, Skyscapes"
Photos in Spetses IslandSee All Photos (118)
Videos in Spetses IslandSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 42 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vouliagmeni Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Windsor Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Attica Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houghton Lake Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Anavissos Intro, 11 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos