Michigan Transportation Tips by janetanne Top 5 Page for this destination
Michigan Transportation: 30 reviews and 23 photos
Since Michigan is bounded by the Great Lakes, why not take the costal highway for an unforgettable trip. Outdoor enthusiast, history buffs and sightseers will all discover many wonderful places along the newly designed Sunrise Side Costal Highway. This 200 mile stretch of US-23 rambles through welcoming villages in six counties form Sstandish(about 45 miles north of Saginaw) all the way to the beautiful Mackinac Bridge. At Mackinc, you can go hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing and swimming...in the summer of course. You can also tour the famous lighthouses, as well as some very ornate lumber barons' homes.
Other Contact: Sunrise Side Travel Association
Type: Car/Motor Home
Wanted Good Woman
When Henry Ford made his first cars, he made them to last! You will most likely see many such old restored cars on the roads in Michigan, especially in the summer. So, keep your eyes out; it also makes for fun 'road games' with the kids, to see who can spot the most of these old cars while traveling along the road while on holiday:):)
I spotted this one in a parking lot with the unusual license plate that said:
"Looking for Good Woman! Must be able to clean, cook, sew,restore and polish automobiles. Please send pictures of car and garage!"
I bet this guy is still looking!!!
Type: Car/Motor Home
When I was a little girl in gradeschool, my parents had a summer place in Meridith, Michigan, along the road where thousands of Harley riders passed by on their way to their final rally point at Westbranch, Michigan. I remember that I was in awe of these huge motorcycles and their leather-clad riders! This rally still takes place once a year in Michigan. It takes place around the last week in July. Nowadays, the riders look strangely older?? But the clothes are still...heavy black leather with those wonderful silver studs!
Check out this lovely red number, parked in a local parking lot! Also, check out the gas price! That was 2004! This year, 2005, the price has gone up to $2.38! How far will it go???
Maybe that's why the motorcycle never goes out of fashion!
More Reviews (5)
janetanne's Related Pages
Michigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Michigan Back Roads and Byways"
- "Michigan is not Detroit"
- "Basaic Michigan Page"
- "Michigan Wonderland of Old Mingled with New"
- "Michigan - The Great Lakes State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Michigan
- Hotels in Michigan
- Transportation in Michigan
- Nightlife in Michigan
- Restaurants in Michigan
- Shopping in Michigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Michigan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Abant Golu Hotels
- Arosa Hotels
- Watsons Bay Hotels
- Diggle Hotels
- Sioux Falls
- Exuma District
Badges & Stats in Michigan
- 38 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Michigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Michigan
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Nice Hotel or Flat?"
- Wrote a Review YOU ARE A TRUE MICHIGANDER IF: in Michigan Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cross the Big Mac..."
- created a Michigan Travel Page "Michigan Wonderland of Old Mingled with New"
- Commented on one of manuelEB's Michigan travel pages
Photos in MichiganSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 42 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vouliagmeni Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Windsor Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Prefecture of Attica Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houghton Lake Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Anavissos Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos
Top Michigan hotels
- Detroit Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1482 Photos
- Dearborn Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Lansing Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Grand Rapids Hotels
- 116 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Houghton Lake Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 74 Photos
- Frankenmuth Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 101 Photos
- Traverse City Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Midland Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Sault Ste. Marie Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Port Huron Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Bloomfield Hills Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 379 Photos
- Saugatuck Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Warren Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo