"Michigan Wonderland of Old Mingled with New" Top 5 Page for this destination Michigan by janetanne

Michigan Travel Guide: 3,744 reviews and 7,607 photos

When in Michigan, Drive Around

When I think of Michigan, I invariably think of Henry Ford, cars old and new, expressways, roads winding along the Great Lakes and the price of gas!

• Pros:Something for everyone who loves the outdoors
  • Cons:Too many cold, cloudy days in winter
  • In a nutshell:If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!
  • Last visit to Michigan: Aug 2005
  • Intro Written Aug 1, 2005

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Legend has it that when the first car came through his town, Henry Ford rode behind it on a bicycle and observed it very carefully. (Remember Jerry Reed singing Lord Mister Ford?)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2009 at 6:33 AM

I just loved those hilarious Local Customs tips! And that is an awesome bridge. I guess it WOULD be fun to look our for the old automobiles-they were so handsome-looking.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Had friends who lived by the Lake in Michigan, now I know a little about it. That is one looooong bridge!

• Balam's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Great Page !

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Thanks for visiting my Marquette page! Nice to meet another Michigander. I've got a list somewhere of "You know you're a yooper when. . . " If I find it, I'll send it to you!

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM

It sounds like it could get a tad cold in these parts!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 2:09 PM

Don't know what I'd rather see - the Henry Ford Museum or the Kirtland Warbler. Maybe the museum would be easier to find.

• SEALIFE's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 10:48 AM

I can buy one.Why not?

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 9:24 PM

I wonder what is the note for: dating, to sell the car to a woman, or the guy (are you sure that the owner is guy?) wants to hire a woman to work for him or her?

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Good for you! Would love to see a picture. I can't do my own. I'm too messy. At least your son isn't home (is he?) When I'm visiting my parents with my daughters I sometimes feel like the meat in the middle of a "mean sandwich".

janetanne

“He who hesitates is lost”

Badges & Stats in Michigan

Have you been to Michigan?