Prefecture of Evia Hotel Tips by janetanne Top 5 Page for this destination
Prefecture of Evia Hotels: 26 reviews and 94 photos
Hot Spring fed Heated Outdoor Pool
Having been given a free voucher for a two day stay at this luxurious Hotel-Spa, we set off from Athens in great anticipation! A much needed winter retreat after having worked four months without a rest, what better way to relax just before the busy holidays. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the dominating presence of this magnificently built harmonious structure on the coast line of the small sea side resort of Edipsos. At the reception desk, we were offered a chilled glass of refreshing fruit juice and then taken to our spacious and comfortable room. We had two single beds in a large room which had a mini-bar, large close closet with safe for valuables. Adjacent to the main room was a modernly fitted bath with a show. The water in the shower had a high level of water pressure and a shower head that offered several choices of water distribution. There was a small balcony with a view out to the magnificent outdoor heated pool below. The windows were new double glazed glass so no noise could be heard from within at night. The beds were comfortable and the sheets heavy and luxurious. There was also the usual television and phone, room service and maid service available. No dogs allowed in rooms.
The first thing made available to guests was the ability to order from a list, any of the many ala cart massages and beauty treatments, such as their famous mud bath and seaweed wraps. Just about any type of massage is available upon request and all of these aminities are optional.
Unique Qualities: Without a doubt, the best amenity of this hotel is the hot spring fed outdoor pool with its strong and varied water therapy machines. The pool is heated and filled with 1/2 mineral water from the natural springs below the hotel and 1/2 water pumped from the sea, filtered and cleaned. For hygienic reasons, there are very strict procedures before anyone is allowed to enter the pools. First of all, you are examined by a doctor to be sure you are healthy and able to tolerate the heat from the pool for 30 minutes. Second, you must shower and again walk through a shower to cleanse the feet before finally entering. The depth of the water is about chest height for a person 5ft.7in. as I am, so you can swim easily and yet your feet can touch bottom at all places in the pool. The indoor pool is filled totally with natural Spring Water and is heated as well. You can relax in the chairs that have been placed around the pools and drink a complimentary glass of hot tea
Address: Edipsos, Greece
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: From the ferry, turn East following the beach road to hotel Tmermae Sylla Spa.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 30 22260 60100
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (8)
janetanne's Related Pages
Prefecture of Evia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Evia Guide"
- "Is Evia an island?"
- "EDIPSOS - Natural Mineral Springs"
- "Evia island"
- "Glifa to Evia (Pg. 9 of the Adventure)"
- "North Evia"
- "Evia island, just the beauty of landscape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prefecture of Evia
- Hotels in Prefecture of Evia
- Transportation in Prefecture of Evia
- Nightlife in Prefecture of Evia
- Restaurants in Prefecture of Evia
- Shopping in Prefecture of Evia
- Warnings and Dangers in Prefecture of Evia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Astera Sathorn
- Veio Park Hotel
- Los Girasoles Hotel
- Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn Burnie
- La Vieille France
- Inn New York City
- Abela Hotel Monaco
- Light Hotel
- Corbett Lake Country Inn
- Ross River Resort
- Chocolat Hostel
- Acharavi Beach Hotel
- Punta Morro Resort
- Travelodge Slough (Landmark Place Slough Be SL1 1BZ)
Badges & Stats in Prefecture of Evia
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Prefecture of Evia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prefecture of Evia
- Posted in Travel Santorini Island Forum "Re: Fira, Oia or Akrotiri?"
- Commented on one of greekcypriot's Prefecture of Evia travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Known Attributes of ThermalMineral Water Baths in Prefecture of Evia Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Known Attributes of ThermalMineral Water Baths"
- updated a Prefecture of Evia Travel Page "EDIPSOS - Natural Mineral Springs"
Photos in Prefecture of EviaSee All Photos (13)
Read real reviews about Prefecture of Evia Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spetses Island Intro, 42 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 34 reviews, 84 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chios Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vouliagmeni Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Windsor Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos
- Prefecture of Attica Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houghton Lake Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos
- Anavissos Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sounio Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos