"Little Chicago" Moose Jaw by Karolina01

Moose Jaw Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos

I was planning to visit Moose Jaw for long time, and finally I made it. It is a nice town with a lot of history. We went to Tunnels of Moose Jaw, and the Western Development Museum. By the way, the Western Development Museum of Saskatchewan has four branches and one of them is located in Moose Jaw. The other three are in Saskatoon, North Battleford and Yorkton.
You have to go and see the Tunnels, you will have a unique experience. Every tour features actor guides!
A little about the city, the name comes from the cree word "Moosegaw", meaning "Warm Breezes". The Railway came in 1882 and and transformed the town from a lonely trading post into a bustling prairie city...

• Last visit to Moose Jaw: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2006

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 8:05 AM

This looks like a colorful little town!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Interesting little page with the great motel sign & McDonalds quaint building = thanks for visiting Oban!!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2006 at 9:47 PM

I did not know the Al Capone had left footprints (bullet prints?) elsewhere than in Chicago! McDo now often, uses typical local houses to look more 'local'! Interesting page!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2006 at 4:57 PM

That Al Capone guy sure got around!

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2006 at 9:52 AM

I like the "Al Capone" hideaway motel. My Desert Hot Springs page has another one of his "hideaways" Your photos are pictures worth 1000 words. I look at your photos & I become very interested in the places you have made tips about.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2006 at 7:42 PM

Hi Karolina This is a real nice page i havew heard about Moose jaw a little bit It is not a famous place ,but I heard about it . I love that Mc Donalds Retaurant there

Karolina01

“Hmm, where to travel tomorrow?”

Badges & Stats in Moose Jaw

Have you been to Moose Jaw?

Latest Activity in Moose Jaw