"A Day in the Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Gimmelwald by lamentforicarus
Gimmelwald Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 109 photos
This tiny town, perched high in the alps, is a photographer's (and hiker's) paradise. Traditionally a farming village, Gimmelwald's 130 residents eked out a living raising cattle. With the advent of tourism, the town has blossomed into its full potential, with a renewed energy fueled by a stream of backpackers and nature-lovers. Gimmelwald's main attractions are its scenic views and the surrounding wealth of beautiful walking trails, which pass over cascading waterfalls and through peaceful meadows. An exploration of the town along its only road is also a great way to spend a sunny afternoon.
- Pros:Beautiful views of the alps, mountain trails, picturesque setting...
- Cons:You won't be the only visitor...
Many of the valley's waterfalls feed into this magnificent river, which carries millions of gallons of ice-cold water... more travel advice
This sixty minute hike can be a bit steep for some, but it crosses some of the most beautiful territory in the valley.... more travel advice
lamentforicarus' Related Pages
Gimmelwald Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day in the Alps"
- "My Favorite Swiss Village"
- "Gimmelwald to Schilthorn"
- "GIMMELWALD-sheer beauty all around"
- "A Passage to Gimmelwald"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gimmelwald
- Hotels in Gimmelwald
- Transportation in Gimmelwald
- Restaurants in Gimmelwald
- See All...
Explore the World
- Punta Gorda Beach Hotels
- Mo i Rana
- Muar Hotels
- Province of Tarlac
- San Lucas Sacatepéquez Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- San Clemente Hotels
- Alfarim Hotels
- Half Moon Bay
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Carmel Highlands Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gimmelwald
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Gimmelwald?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gimmelwald
Photos in GimmelwaldSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Esperanza Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vernazza Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manarola Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Gimmelwald hotel reviews
- Mountain Hostel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013