"Manarola" Manarola by lamentforicarus
Manarola Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 513 photos
For a spectacular first glance at Manarola, walk the shady trail from Corniglia through the vineyards and olive groves that dot the hillsides. Round a final curve, and come face to face with one of the most picturesque towns of the Cinque Terre. Punta Bonfiglio provides a picture perfect view for avid photographers, and you may have to fight your way through them to reach this tiny jewel.
Marvel at the beautiful pastel houses precariously wedged between two steep hills. From the main drag, they seem to loom over the crowds as if trying to catch the best view of the bustle below. Locals purchasing fruit from the small Co-Op, tourists gobbling fresh seafood at one of the heavenly restaurants, and sunbathers competing for a spot at the sun-soaked harbor.
My fondest memory of Manarola was lazing away the afternoon on a harbor side bench with a slice of pizza margharita. From here, I had a front row seat to the everyday life of a perfectly (if a bit touristy) Italian village. Newly weds walked along the harbor side promenade, followed by a horde of ecstatic old women and rice-throwing children. Men chatted exuberantly from a balcony or street side store. Young boys bounced soccer balls down dusty back streets and off of the colorful buildings.
Manarola is a must see for all who visit the Cinque Terre. Walk the Via dell’Amore, witness the bustle of its main drag, savor Italian cuisine at its fantastic restaurants, and keep Manarola forever in your heart and memory.
At the Pizzeria La Cambusa, located on Manarola's main street near the busy harbor, cheap and tasty pizza is served up... more travel advice
The back streets of Manarola provide a quick escape from the crowds and bustle of the main road. Walk through the small... more travel advice
lamentforicarus' Related Pages
Manarola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manarola cinque terre"
- "The Cinque Terra"
- "Manarola - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Tiny town but big ambience"
- "A charm all of its own"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manarola
- Hotels in Manarola
- Transportation in Manarola
- Nightlife in Manarola
- Restaurants in Manarola
- Shopping in Manarola
- Warnings and Dangers in Manarola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manarola
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Manarola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manarola
Photos in ManarolaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Esperanza Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Brugge Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vernazza Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manarola Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue