"My Goa page" vinodcia's Profile
Hi Guys! I am here to provide you some useful info about Goa, a small tropical paradise that lies on the West coast of India. Cradled between the rugged ranges of the western ghats and the Arabian sea, this sea-washed, sundrenched former Portuguese territory presents a fusion of cultures seldom found anywhere in the world. The palm-lined coastal plains, the wooded uplands and beaches so still and endless, create an illusion of lethargy - laziness Almost. But, in reality, there are none more than the Goans full of song, dance and Merriment.
A beautiful fishing village that is located in North Goa with beautiful hilltops overlooking the Arabian sea and swaying palm trees. It was in this village where the Hippies first arrived in the late 1950s to mid-1960s to gain peace of mind and drown in its beauty.
The Flea market which is held every wedneday, was started by the Hippies who used to sell their belongings for money. Now the market is dominated by people from other states like the Kashmiris, Lamanis, Tibetians though you will manage to find some forigeners still having their shops.
It is the hippies who started these rave beach parties wherein they would sing and dance through out the night under the vast blue sky lit only by the moonlight.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Feb 25, 2005
GOA IMAGES----------CONTINUED FROM TRAVELOUGES
Written Nov 15, 2004
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 55 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel Dar es Salaam Forum "Re: DAR ES SALAAM AIRPORT"
- vinodcia and Eddie101 are now friends.
- updated a Goa Travelogue "GOA IMAGES--2"
- Commented on Eddie101's profile page
- Wrote a Review Never Venture out Alone!(For Women and Couples) in Vasai Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Never Venture out Alone!(For Women and Couples)"
updated their Profile Page "My Goa page"
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Lakshadweep Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Anjuna Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vasai Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Mumbai 2 reviews