"Festivals All Year Round" Edinburgh by RhineRoll
Edinburgh Travel Guide: 3,356 reviews and 6,585 photos
To me, Edinburgh represents the schizophrenic nature of tourists and people in general.
You make a hundred phone calls before finding a decent and affordable accommodation, squeeze yourself in there with scores of other tourists, get a room that doesn't get warm because of lacking insulation, pay incredible prices for mediocre services, have to put up with posh residents, tumble down an endless flight of stairs, get soaking wet by a freak shower --- mmmmmmmmmh, gimme more of that!!!
In short: I'm addicted to the place and like the guys from Trainspotting, I'm returning to it time after time, even though each time I swear I'm not doing it again.
So, what you read here should be considered "symptoms" rather than "tips". See you there!
This pic is from my first visit to Edinburgh for Hogmanay 2000. It was taken from the Castle looking over to Calton Hill. Over this visit I split up with my Ex-girlfriend. She hated Edinburgh. I loved Edinburgh. I will not affiliate myself with anybody not liking Scotland and Edinburgh.
- Pros:Incredible Atmosphere
- Cons:Outrageously Expensive, Rip-Offs At Every Corner
- In a nutshell:Can't wait till I get there again *aaaaaarghhhhh*
RhineRoll's Related Pages
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edinburgh Travel - A Special City - A Special View"
- "Scotland's Capital City"
- "Embra - Scotlands Capital City"
- "A guide to Edinburgh dining & nightlife"
- "Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland"
- "Opera and Graduation in Edinburgh"
- "The highs and lows of the 7 hills..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edinburgh
- Hotels in Edinburgh
- Transportation in Edinburgh
- Nightlife in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Warnings and Dangers in Edinburgh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edinburgh
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Edinburgh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edinburgh
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Anyone heard from RhineRoll?"
- Commented on one of St_Vincent's Edinburgh travel pages
- Wrote a Review Edinburgh Castle for Disabled Visitors about Edinburgh Castle in Edinburgh Favorites
- updated a Edinburgh Travel Page "Festivals All Year Round"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hogmanay Celebrations 2001"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonn Intro, 31 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Achill Island Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Uist Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Remagen Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (75)
Latest Edinburgh hotel reviews
- Old Waverley Hotel
- 725 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Melville Castle
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Claremont Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Kenneth Mackenzie Suite
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Over-Seas House
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Castle Rock Hostel
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Blacket Garden Flat
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Budget Backpackers Edinburgh
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Christopher North House Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Edinburgh First At University
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- Travelodge Edinburgh Dreghorn
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2012