"More than 500 Half-Timbered Houses!!!" Duderstadt by RhineRoll
Duderstadt Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
Duderstadt is a country town of some 20,000 people in the south-easternmost part of Lower Saxony, close to the Thuringian border.
It is somewhat off the beaten path, but if you are in the area, I highly recommend a visit to see Duderstadt's fantastic ensemble of half-timbered buildings. International tourism is existent, but pretty much low-key and almost exclusively limited to Dutch and Danish visitors.
I had the pleasure to work in Duderstadt's city hall for 3 months during my legal preparation service.
The Westerturm (West Tower) and its gate are the nicest entrance into Duderstadt's old town. Find out about its twisted roof in my "Must See" tips!
This is just one of the many charming corners Duderstadt's old town has to offer.
- Pros:wonderful historic old town, lovely surroundings
- Cons:really off the beaten path, slightly hillybilly people
- In a nutshell:Well Worth Visiting
Duderstadt's city wall doesn't surround the entire old town any more, but is well preserved in many places. Along the... more travel advice
RhineRoll's Related Pages
Duderstadt Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Duderstadt
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Duderstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duderstadt
Photos in DuderstadtSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonn Intro, 31 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 18 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Achill Island Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Uist Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Remagen Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos