"More than 500 Half-Timbered Houses!!!" Duderstadt by RhineRoll

Duderstadt Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos

Duderstadt is a country town of some 20,000 people in the south-easternmost part of Lower Saxony, close to the Thuringian border.

It is somewhat off the beaten path, but if you are in the area, I highly recommend a visit to see Duderstadt's fantastic ensemble of half-timbered buildings. International tourism is existent, but pretty much low-key and almost exclusively limited to Dutch and Danish visitors.

I had the pleasure to work in Duderstadt's city hall for 3 months during my legal preparation service.

The Westerturm

The Westerturm (West Tower) and its gate are the nicest entrance into Duderstadt's old town. Find out about its twisted roof in my "Must See" tips!

Lovely Corners Everywhere

This is just one of the many charming corners Duderstadt's old town has to offer.

• Pros:wonderful historic old town, lovely surroundings
  • Cons:really off the beaten path, slightly hillybilly people
  • In a nutshell:Well Worth Visiting
  • Last visit to Duderstadt: Oct 2000
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2004

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 4:44 AM

What a lovely place, thanks for introducing it to me ;-)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 3:43 AM

Amazing place, I love the style of Germany, and I love the nature Great page dear Win :-))

• Colzy's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 1:05 AM

Oh no, looks like I have just stumbled across another place to visit in Neidersachsen. Wois me, how ever will I cope ;) Thanks for the tips Rhiney

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 2:14 AM

G'Day again. Your photos here are just fabulous. What sort of camera do you use? This place looks really lovely.

• Nov 11, 2004 at 1:02 AM

Excellent photos highlight this interesting place. Where is it in relation to Germany's big cities with large airpoorts?

• Oct 21, 2004 at 2:11 PM

Oh yes - very German - very nice:)

RhineRoll

“Proud Member of CAS -- the Cloud Appreciation Society”

Badges & Stats in Duderstadt

Have you been to Duderstadt?