"Four Days on The Galapagos Islands" Galápagos Islands by RACCOON1
Galápagos Islands Travel Guide: 1,179 reviews and 5,292 photos
When we flew to Quito on a planned 9 day trip to Ecuador we had no real plan other than to go to Otavalo. The Galapagos Islands were not even considered, in fact, we did not know they were an option until we were walking the streets of Quite and saw tourist offices advertizing four day trips to the islands.We signed up for a four day trip staying in a hotel on Santa Cruz. We flew from Quito to the islands and back .There were two full day boat trips to other islands . We felt this was enough for us . A 7 day or 14 day boat cruise would have been too much. Is it cheaper buying a trip in Quito ? Probably not . In our case it was since we used airmiles to get to Quito . It is probably risky to fly down and then try to purchase a tour trip in Quito .
- Pros:Definitely off the beaten track even with all the tourists.
- Cons:The islands are on the equator . The sun is bright and hot.
OK . The islands are dry and barren but you are still able to find pockets of semi tropical landscape . more travel advice
Despite being on the equator the Galapagos Islands are not lush tropical islands. This is the island of Floreana . Dry... more travel advice
RACCOON1's Related Pages
Galápagos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galapagos Islands"
- "Places and faces of the Galapagos"
- "Independently Galapagos"
- "A world apart"
- "The Enchanted Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galápagos Islands
- Hotels in Galápagos Islands
- Transportation in Galápagos Islands
- Nightlife in Galápagos Islands
- Restaurants in Galápagos Islands
- Shopping in Galápagos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Galápagos Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Galápagos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands
Photos in Galápagos IslandsSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 28 reviews, 68 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Toronto Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gananoque Intro, 7 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Whistler Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Takayama Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos