"Four Days on The Galapagos Islands" Galápagos Islands by RACCOON1

Galápagos Islands Travel Guide: 1,179 reviews and 5,292 photos

When we flew to Quito on a planned 9 day trip to Ecuador we had no real plan other than to go to Otavalo. The Galapagos Islands were not even considered, in fact, we did not know they were an option until we were walking the streets of Quite and saw tourist offices advertizing four day trips to the islands.We signed up for a four day trip staying in a hotel on Santa Cruz. We flew from Quito to the islands and back .There were two full day boat trips to other islands . We felt this was enough for us . A 7 day or 14 day boat cruise would have been too much. Is it cheaper buying a trip in Quito ? Probably not . In our case it was since we used airmiles to get to Quito . It is probably risky to fly down and then try to purchase a tour trip in Quito .

• Pros:Definitely off the beaten track even with all the tourists.
  • Cons:The islands are on the equator . The sun is bright and hot.
  • Intro Updated Sep 20, 2004

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 6:43 PM

ur wildlife pics of the island are gr8. i think tht there r more tv programs on galapagos wildlife than all other put togethr.

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2004 at 7:01 AM

Your Galapagos page makes it as wonderful as I imagined it to be. Love the sunset photo ~ Helen

• Dec 2, 2004 at 5:18 AM

Thanks for visiting my pages. You have a great Galapagos island page. You've made me want to go!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2004 at 10:04 AM

I am really envious that you have been to Galapagos - that is one of my dream destinations! Thank you for sharing your adventures.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 3:14 PM

The Glapagos are on my top ten list to visit. This just make me want to go even more.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2004 at 1:13 AM

that is a great opening shot......not what one expects, but definitly one which makes one curious, me anyway.

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2004 at 11:34 AM

What a great "Darwin" adventure!!! Thanks!

RACCOON1

“"Little by little , one walks far."-Peruvian Proverb”

Badges & Stats in Galápagos Islands

Have you been to Galápagos Islands?

Latest Activity in Galápagos Islands