"The Land of the Midnight Sun" Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska by Matyas

Alaska Travel Guide: 6,747 reviews and 14,298 photos

Hi!

Welcome to my Alaska travel page! Happy browsing!

• Last visit to Alaska: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2013

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM

How funny to tell us how many inhabitants each town you visited has. Good to see not only the famous but also those other places!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Absolutely awesome pix Matyas!! ...interesting place names...Chicken, Livengood...haha.. And yes, I think you should tell us about your Livengood story! :o) Enjoyed the read....I'll be back. Cheers, Ann :o)

• lomi's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Loved your pages, I love Alaska, would like to visit again sometime. Didnt realise the population of Anchorage was so big though!

• Stends's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 9:14 AM

It's good that you didn't mention that it gets quite warm in the Interior in the summer...keeps it nice and sleepy and uncrowded for the rest of us!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Charming house. Looks like in a fairy tale.

• Apr 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM

I'm glad that you see and love my state as much as I do and you wrote such nice tips and took such good pictures, I live here every day and it's nice to see someone appreciate it as much, Patty

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 6:47 AM

Nice tips!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 11:29 AM

It seems that you know eveything about Alaska! Yur tips are better than anything we find in the books. CONGRATULATIONS!;)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Excellent page with beautiful photos & superb historical info! I really hope to visit in the summertime and your tips will be very useful. (Sheesh! Looks like a lot of my crazy ancestors already live there... haha!) Greetings from the desert / Jess

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Matyas, this is an incredible good guide for off path Alaska ! I would like to add it to my hiking album, as you have walked so much lesser known trails !

Matyas