"Beautiful coastal suburb" Rungsted by Sharna.
Rungsted Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 23 photos
Rungsted is a nice place to visit. There is always something to see or do. Many wonderful cafes and restaurants overlooking leisure boats of all shapes and sizes.
I love the old woden sailing ships, they have great character and if you can find the skipper they're sure to have a great story as well.
In summer the motor boats run different activities such as banana boat rides, water skiing and wakeboarding.
Rungsted was my first experience of a suburb on the coast with very limited access to the water.
In Denmark you can actually buy the foreshore and access to a part of the beach/ocean for your own exculsive use.
There is a beach next to the harbour for public use. This is one thing that Denmark with its high taxes can improve on. More public ocean access.
So if your like me and come from a country where 80% of the population lives on the coast, be prepared for a shock when you cant find any way to get into the sea.
- Pros:Clean and Beautiful
- Cons:Expensive and one tiny crowded beach in summer.
- In a nutshell:Worth a look.
Sharna.'s Related Pages
Rungsted Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rungsted
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rungsted?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rungsted
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Krakow Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Bali Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Australia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Savannah Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Aberdeen Intro, 7 reviews
- Caloundra Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Warsaw 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.