"Frontier Land" Taman Negara by anoum
Taman Negara Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 489 photos
Everyone in my boat disembarked at the LBK floating restaurant when the boatman reassured us we were at the correct place. It turned out we were not. A family from India who was staying at Mutiara should have been taken to the resort across the river while my pal & I who were heading for Rainforest Resort should have got out at the main jetty.
We all ended up listening to the sales talk of a Stanley Ho of NKS Travel. I was really fed up especially since I needed a toilet after the long boat ride and none was available at the floating restaurant.
In the end we had to struggle up the slope behind LBK with our luggage and found ourselves in Ekoton lodging place without any idea of where to go next. Luckily the shuttle of Rainforest was able to pick us up from there after we made a phone call. Thank goodness for mobile phones!
Kuala Tahan looked disorganised, ugly and disappointing to us after our arrival. There was rubbish everywhere although thank goodness, there are no toilets in the floating restaurants (imagine the poop that will be floating if there are!).
The beach was uncomforable to walk on - stony, rocky or muddy by turns. But at least sometimes there were beautiful butterflies fluttering around sometimes.
The people at Kuala Tahan were friendly and we felt safe walking around even at night. They often demonstrated their humour like on this container used by a boatman to collect the RM1 fee for river crossing.
- Pros:Clean air, lots of greenery, nature everywhere
- Cons:Dirty Kuala Tahan, no good convenience shops
- In a nutshell:Real frontier
Night safari is riding on the back of a 4-wheel drive into an oil palm estate at 9 pm. Costs RM40 per person. On our... more travel advice
Paying for a guide to get to Canopy Walkway and Teresek Hill. If you pay for a guide, he will explain to you some... more travel advice
anoum's Related Pages
Taman Negara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Janes of the Jungle"
- "Taman Negara-Your Jungle adventure begins here!"
- "Taman Negara - The Largest National Park in M'sia"
- "visiting a tropical rainforest"
- "Taman Negara - Malaysia's great national park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara
- Hotels in Taman Negara
- Transportation in Taman Negara
- Nightlife in Taman Negara
- Restaurants in Taman Negara
- Shopping in Taman Negara
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Taman Negara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara
Top 10 Pages
- Pulau Pangkor 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Taman Negara Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Pulau Jerejak Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Penang Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Hue 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butterworth 4 reviews, 8 photos