State of Himachal Pradesh Things to Do Tips by shobhanaj Top 5 Page for this destination
State of Himachal Pradesh Things to Do: 44 reviews and 126 photos
A baby apple tree
There are everywhere! And the orchards are big and in many places the land between the trees is used to grow other things like green peas and potatoes.
While hiking, we came across this group of local women who were heading out to gather wood from the forest. They told us some stories about bears and how they have seen them a few times. When asked if they were ever afraid of the bears, they laughed and walked away obviously thinking we were loonies to ask a question like that.
This peak is over 6000 meters tall
The Himalayas are to use a cliched term awe-inspiring. One feels the vastness of nature when you see them. Peaks that are over 6000 and 7000 meters make you realise how insignificant you are. They are a sight I feel everyone should see at least once in their lifetime!
Address: North India
Directions: Anywhere from Ladakh to Sikkim
Along the river Sutluj, one comes across this major hydro electric generating unit. The unique aspect about this particular one is that it stops the flow of river Baspa, diverts in through the mountain and releases it in to the Sutluj thus generating electricity.
Directions: On the way from Shimla to Sangla - close to where the Baspa meets the Sutluj.
A tiny blue butterfly
It is unique to this region. OF course we missed spring as we were there in the monsoons so didn't quite see as much as one would have in summer. But there were plenty of beautiful butterflies and birds.
Address: Look around!
The flora even in the monsoon season is spectacular. There are plenty of wild flowers everywhere, but the best time to see really beautiful ones, I was told, was in summer (May-June).
Address: All around the place
This is a rather unique temple as it is influenced by Hinduism. The people here follow both Buddhist and Hindu traditions. The original temple was destroyed in a fire a few years ago and the local villagers have pooled in resources and are building it again. Thus they have included other religions in their carvings. One can see a carving of Jesus Christ as well on one of the outer walls. They are short of funds so it is still not completely built.
Address: Batseri village
Directions: One needs to cross the Baspa river to get to the village.
More Reviews (22)
shobhanaj's Related Pages
State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beauty Unlimited"
- "Kinnaur to Spiti............to heaven on earth"
- "Dev Bhoomi - Himachal-- Abode of Gods"
- "Himalayan Escape"
- "Glory of the Himalayas/Valley of Gods"
- "Snow In India???"
- "Longest MotorBike Trip till now."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Himachal Pradesh
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Himachal Pradesh
- 29 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to State of Himachal Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Himachal Pradesh
Photos in State of Himachal PradeshSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- India Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- State of Madhya Pradesh Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tuscany Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rishikesh Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orchha Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos