"Towards Gwadar on the Makran Coastal Highway" Gwadar by besal
Gwadar Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 56 photos
The newest trend in enjoying Karachi is a Mad Max style dash to Gawadar from Karachi (800 km+). You only stop to relieve yourself or eat. Takes you approx. 8 hours to reach Gawadar, spend one day in Gawadar, and than dash back to Karachi.
You will take the same route Alexander the Great's legion took in 400 BC.
A convey of cars comprising of family members, friends, and other acquaintances, take trips to Gawadar from Karachi. This is done on the Makran Coastal Highway, following the coastline of Baluchistan.
Objective is to see the beautiful terrain on this highway, get out of Karachi, and experience a the newly constructed road. This is becoming a great get-away destination. The beauty is that there is no traffic or any establishment.
This also brings the dangerous element. You will be passing through inhabital, desolate locations, no petrol stations for miles, approx 400 km to be exact, mid-point at Omara. And the petrol/diesel you will get is smuggled from Iran.
You will need to make sure the car is in good condition, and you are stocked up for all eventuality. Do not do this trip solo. Make sure atleast 2-3 or more cars go along.
VIEWS ARE BREATHTAKING!!!! Especially when crossing Buzzi pass.
- In a nutshell:Follow the footprints of Alexander the Great
The stay was absolutley pleasureable. Nice spacious rooms, excellent conference facility,, geat dinning, breathtaking... more travel advice
Gwadar is famous for 3-things: fishing village, 5-star hotel on the hammerhead, and the famous Gwadar port, which was... more travel advice
besal's Related Pages
Gwadar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Towards Gwadar on the Makran Coastal Highway"
- "Gwadar information, travel and getting there other"
- "Gwadar, The Future!!!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gwadar
- 11 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Gwadar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwadar
Photos in GwadarSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 76 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taxila Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Khewra Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Gwadar Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Kirthar Range Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos