"Al Biruni was here, So was I" Pind Dadan Khan by besal
Pind Dadan Khan Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
Fort Nandana situated on the eastern side of the Salt Ranges near Khewra/Pind Dadan Khan is an ancient fort, with a temple perched on top of a 500 foot cliff.
View from a broken wall at the fort, overlooking the Bhaganwala village on the foothill, and far distance the Jehlum river and plains, Al-Biruni, famous Muslim scholar, mathematician, historian, measured the earth circumference (11th Century) from here.
The way this fort is ignored, it will disappear in the next few years.
Best to trek in the cooler months (or early morning) as temperature soars to 45 C+ during summer.
The fort is a short hike from the village, and one passes small settlements, crosses river streams, and ponds. The trek then takes one to the top.
From M2 Motorway, take Lilla interchange exit and head towards Khwera. After 30 minute drive you will hit a T-Junction.... more travel advice
Fort Nandana situated on the eastern side of the Salt Ranges near Khewra/Pind Dadan Khan is an ancient fort, with a... more travel advice
besal's Related Pages
Pind Dadan Khan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Al Biruni was here, So was I"
- "PIND DADAN KHAN -With Old Remains of Hindu Temples"
- "Pind Dadan khan"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pind Dadan Khan
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Pind Dadan Khan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pind Dadan Khan
Photos in Pind Dadan KhanSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 76 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Islamabad Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Khewra Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Taxila Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Gwadar Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Kirthar Range Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos