Taxila Tourist Trap Tips by besal
Taxila Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Beware of people selling you artifacts, coins, busts, etc at these sites. They may be selling some artifacts that they may have dug out themselves, as smuggling of such relics from these sites is quite rampant. It is also a crime against humanity if someone does this.
Unique Suggestions: If you do want some replicas, visit the gift shop as they keep various statues and jewelry replicas for sale.
Fun Alternatives: Various handicraft shops around Pakistan carry replicas from this period. Buy there and do get a proper reciept as custom official may get suspicious.
More Reviews (15)
- See All Replicas of Statues
- Own transport
- See All Rough Sketch of Taxila
- Home to the ordinance factories
besal's Related Pages
Taxila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "True Ruins!"
- "The Ancient city TAXILA"
- "Taxila UNESCO World Heritage Site a Gem"
- "TAXILA AND THE BUDDIST SITES."
- "Pictures of Taxila"
- "Taxila Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taxila
- Hotels in Taxila
- Transportation in Taxila
- Shopping in Taxila
- Warnings and Dangers in Taxila
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taxila
- 16 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Taxila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taxila
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 76 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Khewra Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taxila Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Gwadar Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Kirthar Range Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos