Thatta Sports & Outdoors Tips by besal
Thatta Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Haleji lake is an ideal refuge for wintering and home of thousands of birds and regarded as one of the most important wintering areas of migratory waterfowl in Eurasia. Haleji is a bird watcher's paradise. As many as 223 bird species have been recorded in the environs of Haleji lake. For instance, osprey, Pallas's fish eagle, Buzzards, Harriers, falcons, Wigeon, coot, shoveller, pintail, Teals, Mallard, heron, Jacana, flamingos and some times Bewick's swan, all form a marvelous sight for a bird watcher.
The bird season starts early November and lasts till March.
Address: Haleji Lake
Haleji Lake, a man-made reservoir, is situated about 80 km from Karachi. From this lake drinking water is supplied to Karachi. When this lake was commissioned, the architects placed large pipes around the lakes, giving any fisherman an abode to camp over-night to start their activity early.
Beware of the lurking crocodiles. Locals say there are still some left, lurking around the lake, but I feel these crocs are more scared of the most vicious animal – human.
No basic provisions are available, so bring all your stuff along with you.
Directions: Lake is situated off national highway which is going towards Thatta. A sign board to the right, stating game water reserve, directs its visitors towards it.
Theme: Fishing Trips
More Reviews (18)
- See All Kalri Lake
- Shah Jahan Masjid
- Green Fields
- See All Thirst quenchers
- Snake Charmers
besal's Related Pages
Thatta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thatta - EI Dorado of the east"
- "The Land of Sufi's and Saints."
- "Thatta - A great historical City"
- "land of History"
- "The Forgotten Glory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thatta
- Hotels in Thatta
- Transportation in Thatta
- Nightlife in Thatta
- Restaurants in Thatta
- Shopping in Thatta
- Warnings and Dangers in Thatta
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kam Tin Shi Hotels
- Utsunomiya Hotels
- Sweetwater Station Hotels
- Cadeate Hotels
- Parish of Saint Catherine
- Camano Island
- San Felipe Sports & Outdoors
- North Korea Sports & Outdoors
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Sports & Outdoors
- Slovakia Sports & Outdoors
- Khabarovsk Sports & Outdoors
- Larnaca Sports & Outdoors
- Ilha Grande Sports & Outdoors
- Kaliningradskaya Oblast' Sports & Outdoors
- Lago di Como Sports & Outdoors
- Gloucestershire Sports & Outdoors
- Dorey Park
- Sopot Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Thatta
- 20 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Thatta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thatta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 76 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 20 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 11 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taxila Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos
- Khewra Intro, 16 reviews, 41 photos
- Gwadar Intro, 11 reviews, 46 photos
- Kirthar Range Intro, 12 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hunza Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos