"AMORGOS, STRANGE AND HYPNOTIC" Top 5 Page for this destination Amorgos Island by Orkaena

Amorgos Island Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 253 photos

WHEN SOLITUDE ISN'T A MATTER

I went for first time to Amorgos island in june 2001 with my (ex)wife, her sister and a friend of us. Such a great experience. Amorgos offered us all the hospitality and this strange charme that belongs only to the magic places.
Very calm, romantic, sunny and windy, the locals were so hospitables that for sure I will back to this rocky island.

ARRIVING

From the very first minute and before to step the pier the view from the ship was a sweet promise. I decided to visit Amorgos because Manolis (a very good greek friend of mine) recommended the spot. He told me about the strange ambience (in a good sense) the silence, and the sweet character of the locals.

EVEN BETTER...

Four or five hours before to arrive, and sailing toward Katapola, we met a kind guy that is the owner of a bar in Katapola. Giannis offered us his help to find a good accomodation and all the other stuffs that a "rookie" could need in the island for first time. We'd trust him inmediately, because his nice character and hospitality. The facts demonstrated us that it was the right decision.

• Pros:The romantic ambiance, calm, pure, beautiful
  • Cons:I'f you're thinking in hectic nightlife... forget it
  • In a nutshell:Unforgettable piece of the greek character nested in a rock
  • Last visit to Amorgos Island: Jun 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2006

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Amorgos Island

Have you been to Amorgos Island?

Latest Activity in Amorgos Island