"BIZARRE NAVEL OF AEGEAN SEA" Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Island by Orkaena
Mykonos Island Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 183 photos
Mykonos became famous amid sixties, when the european jet set and some liberal very rich people discovered the quiet, cheap, sunny, friendly, and permissive ambiance of the Cycladic Islands.
In fact after 40 years of a continuous and increasing wave of crowding tourists, almost all of this characteristics remains, except the low prices and the calm.
Today the prices are very high, even astronomically high.
And the friendly atmosphere... well, the greeks are friendly people no doubts, but like in every underdeveloped places where the touristic industry grows fast, often the money becomes more important than the traditional kindness or the good manners.
The quiet atmosphere?... well, you tell me...
At last, you shouldn't expect the classical greek spirit living in there, it's the opposite, is an extremely cosmopolitan and westernised ambiance.
Nevertheless there are an attractive highlight for visitors: it's the more liberal place of the eastern Mediterranean sea perhaps even the globe, involved in a strong competence with Ibiza in the western Mediterranean sea.
In this place everything is right, just dont bother your "neighbour", and you'll enjoy a bizarre human equality, because here REALLY doesnt matter your color, language, religion, gender or sexual preferences.
Nobody scandalize about nothing, and if you like this way of life then Mykonos is your place to visit even to living.
The wonderful blue of the Aegean sea still being there like always, sunny weather, and the beaches welcome a wide spectrum of minds and ways of life people, then, the most uncommon behavior become in a common fact, provided that you don't break the minimal convivence rules or even the greek law, of course.
Anyway, the first time, the amused Mykonos is a great experience for everybody, after that next experiences may be an indispensable part of your crazy free days forever, or in change you'll be a little bit annoying, more and more each time you visit the island. Because be possible that is always the same thing, an empty fantasy packaging offering to you just an illusion, fireworks.
I stayed in Mykonos five times, and now I am almost a victim of this strange "deja vu" feeling, nevertheless I get a lot of friends in there and I had great times with them.
At few kilometers from Hora (the capitol port) there are one of the most famous beaches of Mykonos, Super Paradise.
A crazy mix between nudism, gay-lesbian, hetero, standard, exhibitionism, eclectic and snob character.
The music is present all the time, early (around noon) isn't loud, even is calm, but around two or three p.m. begin to increase and loud more and more...
So, music roaring may be dont let you talk at least you shout
Then when you arrive first look around of you and localize the huge speakers-woofers, after that for a calm sun bath try to find a place as far as possible from them.
If you dont, then just wait a minute or two to start dancing or die attempting later.
The right place for everything.
...just resting after a shaking night?
People in there are from all around the whole world, at least you will hear five or six different languages all the time. Friendship becomes easy, and communication is indispensable, as you can imagine.
No doubts that Super Paradise reveals the true nature of Mykonos.
- Pros:Bizarre, cosmopolite, liberal, westernised, global plastic fun
- Cons:Bizarre, cosmopolite, liberal, westernised, global plastic fun
- In a nutshell:Bizarre, cosmopolite, liberal, westernised, global plastic fun
This modest (and nice) apartments are located at Agios Stefanos too. Built on the slope over the beach the view is a... more travel advice
I met Mihalis Diamantis (Manager of Euro Club) many years ago when I was trying to find a cheap car for rent during my... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Mykonos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BIZARRE NAVEL OF AEGEAN SEA"
- "MYKONOS ISLAND, GREECE"
- "Mykonos in May"
- "Mykonos: The Greek Island of Windmills"
- "one night in mykonos"
- "The one you love to hate!"
- "Mykonos - a two sided island - crazy and tame"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mykonos Island
- Hotels in Mykonos Island
- Transportation in Mykonos Island
- Nightlife in Mykonos Island
- Restaurants in Mykonos Island
- Shopping in Mykonos Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mykonos Island
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Mykonos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mykonos Island
Photos in Mykonos IslandSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Mykonos Island hotel reviews
- Petinos Resort Complex
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- Argo Hotel Mykonos Greece
- 419 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Cavo Tagoo Hotel Mykonos Island
- 306 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Villa Konstantin Mykonos
- 286 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Vencia Hotel Mykonos
- 1 Review & Opinion