"THE MARBLE OF THE MYTHS" Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Island by Orkaena

Paros Island Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 89 photos

Relax and legends

Each greek island has boasted remarking his sunset like the best of the Aegean Sea even the whole world.
Oia, in Santorini; is the most popular because a very effective marketing job. Please, I recognize the stunning beauty of Oia sunsets.
But the reality is less exclusive and more generous, because the formidable colors of the sunsets pursued me through the Cycladic islands each day of my stay.
Here is, the sunset reflecting a warm color palette on the waters of the Paros harbour.

Marble of Paros, ancient trademark

The most prestigious marble of the ancient world is the Marble of Paros, no doubt.
When you see the sculptures made of this extraordinary stone you understand the exact meaning of this expression: Marble of Paros, stone of eternity and beauty.
The couple of the picture represents precycladic art. This is a reproduction, I bought it in 1998. Exquisite.

Reasons

There are a calm environment in Paros. This island is less cosmopolitan (and obviously less expensive) than Santorini or Mykonos, but after one week of exciting, noisy and crazy nights my bones claims for a deserved rest.
Paros is a good choice for the relax, with a very rich history, nice beaches and a delicious gastronomical offer, even if you like the clubbing or dancing youll find more than one remarkable place to do it.
But remember, Paros was done for a different reason. The olympic gods was thinking in the spirit and the flesh, of course. But in a very different way. So, relax, smell, listen, taste, and take it easy.

• Pros:Calm, friendly, great views. Less expensive
  • Cons:Uh... let me think about that..
  • In a nutshell:The ancient legend of Paros is not a legend. Its the plain truth.
  • Last visit to Paros Island: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Aug 15, 2005

Travelogues (1)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 6:33 PM

Hi Carlos, great Paros page, I love that place - hope to go back soon. fergy.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 10:05 PM

"goat with traditional sauces" Hum, I have never tasted that, that must be yummy ! I will try as soon as possible.

• kunchik's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2004 at 12:36 PM

wow you've been to so many places in greece! next year i'm going! :)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 9:36 AM

Paros can be a great antidote to the hectic life on Mykonos, indeed!

• mapakettle's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2004 at 2:57 PM

Looking forward to our trip...thanks for the info. Pa (mapakettle)

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 7:41 AM

beautiful start - I agree with your comment about ...angels !

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Paros Island

Have you been to Paros Island?

Latest Activity in Paros Island