"THE MARBLE OF THE MYTHS" Top 5 Page for this destination Paros Island by Orkaena
Paros Island Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 89 photos
Each greek island has boasted remarking his sunset like the best of the Aegean Sea even the whole world.
Oia, in Santorini; is the most popular because a very effective marketing job. Please, I recognize the stunning beauty of Oia sunsets.
But the reality is less exclusive and more generous, because the formidable colors of the sunsets pursued me through the Cycladic islands each day of my stay.
Here is, the sunset reflecting a warm color palette on the waters of the Paros harbour.
The most prestigious marble of the ancient world is the Marble of Paros, no doubt.
When you see the sculptures made of this extraordinary stone you understand the exact meaning of this expression: Marble of Paros, stone of eternity and beauty.
The couple of the picture represents precycladic art. This is a reproduction, I bought it in 1998. Exquisite.
There are a calm environment in Paros. This island is less cosmopolitan (and obviously less expensive) than Santorini or Mykonos, but after one week of exciting, noisy and crazy nights my bones claims for a deserved rest.
Paros is a good choice for the relax, with a very rich history, nice beaches and a delicious gastronomical offer, even if you like the clubbing or dancing youll find more than one remarkable place to do it.
But remember, Paros was done for a different reason. The olympic gods was thinking in the spirit and the flesh, of course. But in a very different way. So, relax, smell, listen, taste, and take it easy.
- Pros:Calm, friendly, great views. Less expensive
- Cons:Uh... let me think about that..
- In a nutshell:The ancient legend of Paros is not a legend. Its the plain truth.
I realize that the ship transportation between the greek islands are like the bus transportation of countries with a... more travel advice
One morning I get up and after the yummy breakfast I started to walk randomly just enjoying the splendent sun of Paros,... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Paros Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I love parOs in september"
- "THE MARBLE OF THE MYTHS"
- "Sunflowers on Paros"
- "A delicate sister to Naxos"
- "Paros: One-Stop Shop"
- "One Day In Paros"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paros Island
- Hotels in Paros Island
- Transportation in Paros Island
- Nightlife in Paros Island
- Restaurants in Paros Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Paros Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paros Island
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Paros Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paros Island
Photos in Paros IslandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues