"ROOTS" Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos by Orkaena

Nisos Sifnos Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 319 photos

MY FIRST CHOICE, MY ETHERNAL CHOICE

I guess that my opinion about this island is too biased, because here is where my grandfather Apostolos was born. So, each stone, each olive tree, each sound and aroma has a deep meaning for me, then my eyes can only see the emotional beauty.
Nevertheless I listened the foreign people here, and later, after their visits to this golden air island.
Unforgettable little gem nailed in the Aegean Sea.

CHOOSE CAREFULLY

Sifnos don't belongs to the main "Touristic Track" of the cycladic islands. If you're looking for a shaked nightlife and crazy experiences this is not "your island". Choose another like Mykonos or Santorini and leave us alone.

HEY BROTHER! ...SLOW DOWN

The main town (and capitol town) of the island is Apollonia, located inland at 6 km of the small port of Kamares.
The clean sky and the silent siestas inviting to the pleasure of solitude are a luring way of life if you're looking for this deserved rest for your body and your soul.
Wake up early and enjoy the generous sun of Sifnos, after a couple of hours at the beach, eat some fresh fish at the noon on this small table beside the sea and then back to the sand, for fun or just for contemplation of the lazy blue waves, almost lost with your inner thoughts.
That's the promise offered by this island, like a hidden treasury that only few people can appreciate.

• Pros:Peacefully, calm, out of the noisy track, cheap
  • Cons:Absolutely nones
  • In a nutshell:The Hidden Treasury of the Cycladic Islands
  • Last visit to Nisos Sifnos: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2009

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM

funny personal tips, good job here!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
      Jun 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM

we visited the island recently, yes the road to Cheronisos is a good normal one in our days :)

• Orkaena's Profile Photo
      Jun 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Yes, you're right, I was there in 2011 with my son, the road to Hieronissos is fully paved, but still being absolutely beautiful. Thanks a lot for your comment, I hope met you at Sifnos some day, for sure we will enjoy it.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Hi Carlos, it is a great page on Sifnos Island. Your tips and photos are very good as well as the scenery. All the best.Bora

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2007 at 6:29 PM

Hi there Carlos! This really is a great page! Finally found a bit of time to get my Greek trip together both here on VT and in my own head. We must grab a beer together again sometime soon? Yamas, John.

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 2:52 PM

Sifnos has much to still be discovered by my wanderings. I only saw that one little port. Not enough to satisfy! But, it was beautifully peaceful there.

• magdaki's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Sifnos is one of my favourite islands, you are lucky to have connections with this place :-)

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 7:45 PM

I know, I know! que eres un tio re-bueno! (lo de malo iba de broma) Como va a ser malo quien prepara lechona? :o) (eso de *re-bueno* quedó como un piropo, a que si?) jejeje

• okinawa_wave's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 4:25 PM

Hello from Okinawa! I have the same feeling for the island where I live, Okinawa, because of my grandfather, so I understood your words about Sifnos...I have also been to Sifnos twice and it is my favorite place to visit! Went in 2005 for my honeymoon.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 9:47 PM

While reading your page, I can almost smell the scent of Greece. There are so many islands in Greece, that I have not visited Sifnos ! Its a shame ! Thank you for sharing great memories !

• sinequanon's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 11:23 PM

beautiful inspirational words as always Carlos! great memories revealed here! by the way the boats have become huge fast monsters now. Still prefer the old ones though;-)

Orkaena Visits Here Frequently!

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Nisos Sifnos

Have you been to Nisos Sifnos?