"LUNDY ISLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island by Orkaena

Lundy Island Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 679 photos

A BATH OF CALM AND PEACE

As I told you in my profile page, Lundy is a small island located at the Bristol Channel, strategic place to fight pirates and undesirable people (thanks because they stopped, otherwise...) in the past of course. Now it is a marvelous place where TV, newspapers, internet and even cell phones are proscribed, then when I say calm and peace it is not a simple turn of the language neither an exaggeration. It is real, as a bless for the soul, a remedy for the stress provoked by our hectic modern style of life. Come with me, I'll try to show you a pale idea of the reality.

I guess you have two legs... then, use it for...

...use your legs for the original design purpose. There is no cars in Lundy, exception done for a Land Rover and a crawler used for cargo and luggage transportation. But don't worry, the island is quite small, 4,8 kilometers long by 800 meters wide plenty of astounding views and breathtaking cliffs, then, enjoy your walk!

Of course...

...there is much more than just walk around, for example a fancy pub (the only one) Marisco Tavern, built in 1820, where the warm hospitality is present in each pint of beer. Salud John!

• Pros:Calm, peaceful, great views, warm hospitality
  • Cons:No cons, if you like just a calm chat with friends and beers
  • In a nutshell:A bless for the soul, paradise of photographers.
  • Last visit to Lundy Island: Apr 2013
  • Intro Updated May 12, 2013

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

What a wonderful place Lundy Island seems to be. Sound like you enjoyed your stay there very much.

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

A real wonderful place, no doubts Malena, with a captivating atmosphere, ideal for a deserved resting time. I am in love with this island.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Great VT meet and page of this lovely lookong place! Did you get to meet the fluffy cattle? Your son looks a bit frozen ;-)

May 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Oh yes Sonja! It was an unforgettable MiniVT Meeting with a new partner; my son Manuel. Charming place and a formidable friend, John. Strongly recommended. Greets from the south!

May 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I knew you would appreciate my Island Carlos but I'm really impressed that Manu loved it too. Great pics and beautifully expressed words - Salut! Patagonia next year has got to done :-)

May 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Once at home I asked Manuel what was his fondest memory of this long journey, he answered "Lundy" without hesitation! Can you believe it? I was surprised a lot. So, next time at my home, you just come in, I will have wine enough, multiply those four bottles by ten!

May 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

:-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Fantastic little page with outstanding photos and obviously very tasty food. *winkygrin*

May 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Yes my friend, as you know a fantastic place is a real fantastic place when the people is great and the food is tasty. And it is! You're closer than me, a lot of kilometers! then, drop by, you don't regret it.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Carlos, A real quality visit. PJ

May 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I kinda like being a "cicerone" in its original sense :-) - "An alternate use of the word is as it pertains to beer. The Cicerone Certification Program, run by Ray Daniels, offers professional credentials for those who sell and serve beer."

May 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Oh Gosh! I should define my skills as the wisdom of ignorance!! ...but wisdom at all... Perfect!!

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Lundy Island

Have you been to Lundy Island?

Photos in Lundy Island