"TWICE PERU, TWICE ASTONISHED" Cusco by Orkaena
Cusco Travel Guide: 1,065 reviews and 2,293 photos
El Cusco is the ancient capital of the Inca Empire. The city is a singular mix between the ancient kechua culture and the colonial style imposed by the Spanish Empire.
Kechua is the name of the "inca" people. But this issue deserves an explanation.
There are a very extended mistake, because Inca there was only one, the king. I means, is like all the british were "Kings". No way, king is only one.
Then Inca is only one, the ethnic name of this people is "kechua".
Amazing. The hotel building date from 1532, and still like always after a lot of earthquakes. Even a lot of furnitures are from those years.
Hundreds of years ago this hotel was the house of a spaniard crown knight serving to the king of Spain.
The doors still the same, and aren't locked with cards or keys. They use a small chain and a padlock. Bizarre but effective, no doubt.
BREAKING NEWS: As far as I can know all those adorable characteristics doesn't exists anymore. Globalisation is here and now the hotel belongs to the Best Western corporation. Watch my accomodation tips.
The coffer date from the year 1690, the chair from 1895, and the wardrobe is original. 1532.
Y felt like an archaeologist. An ignorant one.
- Pros:Splendent and continuous culture display, hospitable, friendly
- Cons:Too westernised, perhaps. Global World reached the Kechua World, like 500 years ago...
- In a nutshell:Perpetual bright.
Does exists two Kusikuy branches, one is the restaurant and the other is the cafe-bar. We were every mornings at the... more travel advice
Ollantaytambo is a fantastic fortress, located on the scarpments of the east side of the Urubamba Valley is built with... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Cusco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cusco and the Sacred Valley"
- "The center of the Empire"
- "The "special" shine in Cusco"
- "Cusco - "Navel of the Earth""
- "A window on Cuzco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cusco
- Hotels in Cusco
- Transportation in Cusco
- Nightlife in Cusco
- Restaurants in Cusco
- Shopping in Cusco
- Warnings and Dangers in Cusco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cusco
- 15 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Cusco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cusco
Photos in CuscoSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues