"BOLIVIA, POOR COUNTRY WITH A BIG HEART" La Paz by Orkaena
La Paz Travel Guide: 376 reviews and 882 photos
La Paz (Bolivia capital city) is sited at 3.800 meters. The air is very thinny and simply breath is a big effort.
So, when you arrive to El Alto airport...well... 4.200 meters... the door of the plane cabin is opened and you feel like someone hang a 2 tons stone on your neck and over your chest, wonderful headache, and you beg someone shoot you.
Don't worry, this very kind people help you to carry the baggages and dispatch you straight to the hotel, 400 meters below.
No difference? Well, youre right, not too much.
Just Drink "mate de coca", every hotel of the city offers this natural infusion for free. In 15 minutes you'll be OK again.
If it dont work, theyll give you a splendid bottle of oxygen with the mask and the doctor included... :-)))
Yap, now you are in good shape (for a short time, believe me) pick up your head (if the head still there) and take a look around you. Ahh! Have you seen mountains like this before?
Yess, this is the Inti Illimani, marvelous. And magic.
Of course there are some places to visit in the city of La Paz, anyway, most of the interesting sites are outside the city.
But... wait a minute. Strongly recommended a visit to La Luna, unique and bizarre pub downtown the city. Just ask the concierge or the bellboy.
Amazing experience. Exotic night. Unforgettable people. Formidable drinks. Dancing, friends, you know.
Wow! Sunrise is here now! Time flies.
Ok, pay the bill (is not expensive) pick up the rests of your body, try to find the exit and go ahead, once in the street pick up your head (still there?) again and take a look to the west. no no no, the west is not on the floor.
Ok, be strong, the pride of your country deserve it.
Ah! What a pleasure, not too much air but clean... Have you seen mountains like that floating in a sky like this?
Hey!! You!!... dont sleep when I talk to you!!
Well, well, the ambulance is arriving in a minute.
I was trying to find the street to my hotel , and just in the corner suddenly he appears in front of me.
No more than one meter height, he was looking at me like if I was transparent. His beautiful black eyes with an unexplainable expression.
Sorry. The pic is the best explanation. Never knew his name, I only know he is an angel. A sad one.
Walking randomly around the shore of the Titikaka Lake you'll find this beautiful red flowers invading the air with... more travel advice
The locals sails the Titikaka Lake with the same boats design and construction than a thousand years ago, and without... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
La Paz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SIMPLY, THIS..."
- "La Paz - City with a View"
- "A little glimpse of La Paz"
- "La cuenca de La Paz"
- "Getting a little trim in La Paz"
- "Cerca del Cielo"
- "BOLIVIA, POOR COUNTRY WITH A BIG HEART"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Paz
- Hotels in La Paz
- Transportation in La Paz
- Nightlife in La Paz
- Restaurants in La Paz
- Shopping in La Paz
- Warnings and Dangers in La Paz
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in La Paz
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to La Paz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Paz
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I hope Hundwalder is ok."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Titicaca Lake, the sea over the clouds."
- Wrote a Review RED AGAINST BLUE about General Information in La Paz Favorites
- updated a La Paz Travelogue "TYAHUANACU, SILENT MISTERY"
- Commented on one of marcelo15's La Paz travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aracaju Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 5 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Baños de Copahue Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues