"STRANGE MARRIAGE OF SNOW AND FIRE" Baños de Copahue by Orkaena
Baños de Copahue Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos
Here everythings are rares, strange, bizarre. The Volcano Copahue (2.400 mts a.s.l.) and the Lake Caviahue are located at 320 kilometers at the NW of the capitol city of Neuquén, just on the border with Chile (In fact, the caldera of the volcano is just on the borderline sharing a half of mountain for each country). This volcano is alive, and the activity is constant but as far as i know it isn't dangerous, so, don't worry.
Hotsprings in the snow and a very acid indefinite number of creeks and rivers becomes in an inhospitable lake for living beings, there aren't fishes here, no life.
Anyway, the nature here is extraordinary, with a forest of araucarias (pehuenes) a looong life trees (from 200 to 1.000 years old trees) that as we know this very special kind of trees belongs to the last dinosaurs ages, meaning that today this very particular trees specie still being without changes from more than 100 millions years.
An unforgettable, different experience
This Apart Hotel was built in the latest 80's.
Just built and for awhile was an excellent hotel, large apartments, extra-full equipped (jacuzzi included in each apt) with a very good retaurant and almost perfect maintenance services keeping the facilities in perfect conditions.
Like always in Argentina along the years somethings happen, then this hotel lost some of his best characteristics.
Maintenance of the facilities aren't so good, services keep on going but... so so, the restaurant becomes in a common place for eating, and the apartments needs an urgent reburbishing. (see my tip "accomodations")
Nevertheless as you can see in the pic beside the location still being extraordinary, so, you can get an unforgettable stay in there.
- Pros:Wonderful scenery, Volcano, Lake, snow and hotsprings
- In a nutshell:The rare and complete choice in the mountains
Nevertheless I do prefer the outdoors hotsprings baths, I should recognize that you can get there only in spring /... more travel advice
This fall named Salto del Rio Agrio (something like "Fall of the Acrid River") isn't too tall, but because the waters... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Baños de Copahue Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Baños de Copahue
- Hotels in Baños de Copahue
- Transportation in Baños de Copahue
- Restaurants in Baños de Copahue
- Shopping in Baños de Copahue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baños de Copahue
- 13 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Baños de Copahue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baños de Copahue
Photos in Baños de CopahueSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues