"A PLACE FROM ANOTHER WORLD..." Esquel by Orkaena
Esquel Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 32 photos
During the early 70's a huge dam were built on the Futa Leufu river, and this monster of concrete and iron was named with the same name of the wonderful mountain river that was sacrificed in the name of the progress. Names, just names.
Well, no regrets now, what is lost is lost, but we never forget, neither forgive.
Today the city of Esquel still living of the agricultural works and progressively increasing the touristic industry.
Small city, calm and with this typical family character, I enjoyed a lot his virtues since my early youth, and i have a lot of remarkables memories originated in experiences that forged my own person in some way. Then, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you the city of Esquel, one of my favourites places on the west Patagonia.
The Province of Chubut is located in the Central Patagonia, extended from the South Atlantic Ocean at the east to the Andean Mountains at the west.
Just here, at the west of the Province is nailed this lovely big town, or small city, it's up to you.
Here I posted a map with the location of Esquel in the west face of Chubut.
One of my fave pleasures is take a ride in my car wandering every little road, crossing the area from east to west, from north to south, breathing this clear air, and smelling the aromas of the southern forest.
This pretty lake is located in the very middle of the Andean mountains, nested among high mountains and submerged in the deep rain forest of the south. Extremely cold waters, clear like a crystal, deep and rich in beauty and legends.
- Pros:Calm, peaceful, smooth ambiance
- Cons:far away from the whole world... but... is it a con??
- In a nutshell:Perhaps the fondest memory of my youth times...
I've stayed three or four times in the Tehuelche, very good heathing system (Esquel winters are cold and snowy) large... more travel advice
El Viejo Expreso Patagonico... The Old Patagonic Express, the rail widht is astonishing narrow, just 75 centimeters...... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Esquel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A PLACE FROM ANOTHER WORLD..."
- "Esquel...the main urban center of western Chubut"
- "A regular Patagonian Town"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Esquel
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Esquel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esquel
Photos in EsquelSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues