"YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL" Neuquén by Orkaena
Neuquén Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 50 photos
Neuquen is the place where I live now, this patagonic province is located at the northwest of the region named "Patagonia", the southernmost region of Argentina, the american continent and even the whole world.
Nailed in the desert, this city rests on the junction of two rivers which flows from the (not too far) mountains to the ocean, Neuquen and Limay rivers.
At more or less 170 kilometers to the west the majestic Cordillera de Los Andes, and at 400 kilómeters to the east the turbulent South Atlantic Ocean.
"Neuquen" is an aboriginal word. A Mapuche word. The meaning?
Very appropriated name for this mountain river with transparent waters like crystals and cold as a piece of ice.
This terroir belonged to the Mapuche people, a noble tribe whom ruled the northpatagonia lands along 1000 years.
150 years ago the white men arrived and broken the peace, the history is repeated as in the whole american colonization process, crime, steal, genocide and subjugation.
Now the land belongs to a modern white people republic and the city of Neuquen celebrated his first hundred years in 2004. City of inmigrants with a population of 250.000 , the age average of his inhabitants is the youngest of the country, 29 years old...
The patagonic steppe is composed by an amazing palette of colors, red, ocre, beige, and a hard, short, inhospitable vegetation fighting for survival against the dry land and the wind.
This is a partial view of the city of Neuquén behind the borders of the red patagonic meseta, "La Barda", looking straight to the south.
One of the most recently inaugurated restaurantes of the city, excellent ambiance, kind girls serving the tables and a... more travel advice
The public transport in Neuquén is only by bus, the city isn't enough large yet (250.000 inhabitants) as to need a metro... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Neuquén Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL"
- "The gateway to the Patagonia"
- "Exploring Wines and Dinosaurs"
- "Neuquen & the Desert"
- "Neuquen - Patagonia"
- "Ciudad de Neuquén"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neuquén
- Hotels in Neuquén
- Transportation in Neuquén
- Restaurants in Neuquén
- Warnings and Dangers in Neuquén
- See All...
Explore the World
- Amami-oshima Hotels
- Johannesburg Hotels
- Den Helder
- South Africa
- Sainte-Foy Hotels
- Philippines Hotels
- Navajo lake Lodge Hotels
- Montego Bay
- Porto Ercole
- Limassol District Hotels
- Ayia Napa
- Pulau Bintan
- Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Neuquén
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Neuquén?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neuquén
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues