"BOUNDLESS LANDS" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn by Orkaena
Puerto Madryn Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 345 photos
Puerto Madryn is a very young city, like everything done by the white civilization along the history in South America.
Founded in 1865 by welsh inmigrants and inmersed in the gigantic solitude of the patagonic desert only reach the category of city when the aluminum and fishing industries established facilities and branches in there.
After that -and increasingly each year- this small city becomes in a very desired touristic destination among locals and foreigners.
The clean waters, the whole untamed nature, the wild patagonic environment, and the idilic solitude of a huge desert works like a magnetic force for the dreamers and nature lovers.
Puerto Madryn is located beside the Golfo Nuevo, an amazing gift of the South Atlantic, included whales, orcas, penguins, seals and all the magnificent creatures you can imagine.
The locals are very proud of their terroir, and works hard trying to develope the city preserving the fundamental characteristics that gives fame to Puerto Madryn.
So, exotical, almost idilic, peaceful, pure, friendly and hospitable.
The patagonic shore is rough, but with beautiful beaches. Perhaps you'll find a cold weather or a strong wind, nevertheless for sure your eyes will find somethings to keep in your fondest memories for ever.
- Pros:Untamed, untouched, pure, hospitable...
- Cons:...for a short time?... I hope not.
- In a nutshell:The real patagonic spirit in front of us
Margarita is the standard meeting point by night for the young people and even for all those not so young. Fun ambiance,... more travel advice
One of the fave activities of Manu and I is the sailing, then we rented a short trip (no more than two hours because the... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Puerto Madryn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whales & Wales"
- "BOUNDLESS LANDS"
- "Península Valdés and Punta Tombo"
- "Whale watching"
- "Launchpad to the Peninsula"
- "Puerto Madryn"
- "Puerto Madryn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Madryn
- Hotels in Puerto Madryn
- Transportation in Puerto Madryn
- Nightlife in Puerto Madryn
- Restaurants in Puerto Madryn
- Shopping in Puerto Madryn
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Madryn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Madryn
- 17 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Puerto Madryn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Madryn
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues