"LITTLE GEM OF THE SOUTH ATLANTIC" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides by Orkaena

Puerto Pirámides Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 144 photos

WHERE THE TIME LOST HIS SENSE

My first trip to Puerto piramides was in january 1977 (I was soooo young...sigh!), it was a very short one, only three days, enough to fall in love. Although I was born in the Patagonia (500 kmts far away to the south of Piramides) I gave up inmediately because the indescribable atmosphera and the wild beauty of the site, surrounded by all those wonderful beasts in the sea and the ground.
After that, I went back to Piramides one time each year at least, and the same with Puerto Madryn.
Often I visit the Peninsula Valdes and both ports two times per year.
And it is a true love, because each time I step these golden soil I can feel the same conmotion of my first time.

The town (such an exaggeration...) sorry, this little village is composed for only one street six blocks long. No more. Perhaps for someones it should be a boring place, so small, and silent by night, so far away and lonely, face to face to the sea.
But for me is a complete universe.

I guess that almost all of us are accustomed to the hectic modern life, then we can't understand the life without a full paved city, claxons, polluted air, internet and cell phones, of course. Something like an unexplainable search for the insanity.
Well, here you will be veeery far away from all those torture stuffs and systems. Here you will be free among the silence, the sea and the sky, then take my advise: you should think seriously about it, what do you will do with your freedom when you meet her?
May be you'll feel really free... or scared, or pretendedly bored... who knows.

• Pros:Pure, clear, natural, lonely place so far away.
  • Cons:Perhaps...
  • In a nutshell:A symbol of untouched nature in itself
  • Last visit to Puerto Pirámides: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Nice page!

• Nov 5, 2007 at 8:33 PM

hola carlos! great page you have here, i loved the accomodation tip right on the beach, must be heaven to stay in such a beautiful place! hope you are well!

• sinequanon's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 1:56 PM

I am one step away from making my ticket booking! hope that smile is still there:-D

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Wow! ves? eso no lo sabia... pense que solamente se abria en ocasiones especiales...! que bonito lo que me cuentas! GRACIAS! (agregare a mi tip esa informacion, si no te importa)

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 5:49 PM

thanks for sharing with us your happiness. :) manu is growing up fast!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 4:08 AM

Must be a beautiful place indeed! Thanks a lot for the birthday wishes!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 8:30 PM

hi Carlos, I saw those new-born sea lions in February, really cute! Too bad I missed you in Neuquen. I lost my hotel and cried for an hour! The Tourism Office found it for me and walked me there. haha.

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 12:48 PM

Hola Penguin !! FANTASTICO ! Is the 'bullet' a Toyota Yaris?

Orkaena Visits Here Frequently!

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Pirámides

Have you been to Puerto Pirámides?

Latest Activity in Puerto Pirámides