"LITTLE GEM OF THE SOUTH ATLANTIC" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides by Orkaena
Puerto Pirámides Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 144 photos
My first trip to Puerto piramides was in january 1977 (I was soooo young...sigh!), it was a very short one, only three days, enough to fall in love. Although I was born in the Patagonia (500 kmts far away to the south of Piramides) I gave up inmediately because the indescribable atmosphera and the wild beauty of the site, surrounded by all those wonderful beasts in the sea and the ground.
After that, I went back to Piramides one time each year at least, and the same with Puerto Madryn.
Often I visit the Peninsula Valdes and both ports two times per year.
And it is a true love, because each time I step these golden soil I can feel the same conmotion of my first time.
The town (such an exaggeration...) sorry, this little village is composed for only one street six blocks long. No more. Perhaps for someones it should be a boring place, so small, and silent by night, so far away and lonely, face to face to the sea.
But for me is a complete universe.
I guess that almost all of us are accustomed to the hectic modern life, then we can't understand the life without a full paved city, claxons, polluted air, internet and cell phones, of course. Something like an unexplainable search for the insanity.
Well, here you will be veeery far away from all those torture stuffs and systems. Here you will be free among the silence, the sea and the sky, then take my advise: you should think seriously about it, what do you will do with your freedom when you meet her?
May be you'll feel really free... or scared, or pretendedly bored... who knows.
- Pros:Pure, clear, natural, lonely place so far away.
- In a nutshell:A symbol of untouched nature in itself
I stayed here only one time, in january 2002 when this hotel were just inaugurated, so, promo prices (cheap really) and... more travel advice
The tickets you get at the Reservation entrance are quite nice. Always with a remarkable pic of the natural beauties of... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Puerto Pirámides Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Península Valdés: Paradise Regained"
- "LITTLE GEM OF THE SOUTH ATLANTIC"
- "It's About the Whales"
- "Principal Town of Peninsula Valdes"
- "Whale Watching in Puerto Piramides"
- "Puerto Piramides, Argentina"
- "Puerto Piramides - Outstanding whales watching"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Pirámides
- Hotels in Puerto Pirámides
- Transportation in Puerto Pirámides
- Restaurants in Puerto Pirámides
- Shopping in Puerto Pirámides
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Pirámides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Pirámides
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Puerto Pirámides?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Pirámides
Photos in Puerto PirámidesSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues