"SAND, SUN, SEA, AND.... OIL" Aracaju by Orkaena

Aracaju Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 66 photos

THE LAND OF THE SUN AND SMILES

My visits to Brazil wasn't exactly a vacational journey, I flew to Aracaju twice, in march and april 2005 commiting a job for my oil company.
Three weeks working a lot, but I could take my time for wandering trying to enjoy this incredible, gigantic, contradictory, extraordinary country.
First impression is a shocking feeling that there are another world, a very different one. People is smiling always, their hospitality, their joy for life, the lack of prejudices (a bless, believe me), and the mithic brazilian music, much more than a CD playing in anyplace. Every people sings, every people dance, and almost every people play any instrument.
The extremely generous nature offers much more things than you can imagine, fruits, flowers, fishes, birds, a huge cornucopia of colors, shapes, tastes and sounds.
The ethernal summer gave me a strange feeling, so different from my very defined "four seasons" land, the surprise (yes I'm a fool) because they don't know what damn is a heathing system to make the cold winter a bearable experience.
At last, incomparable.

But as you should know, Brasil has his most paradigmatic characteristic in his music and dances. Doesn't matter if you are young or old, man or woman, but if you have a heart and legs, then you dance.
The spectacle is continuous, not only for the famous Carnaval de Rio, but in every place and specially in the evening, this sensual and provocative music plays all the time, everywhere.

People is generous, warm, hospitable, always in good mood, they aren't afraid of the contact with other people, always answer a question, and they like too much the conversation and sharing with friends.
They know how to enjoy the life, and they have a lot to enjoy, just look around you

• Pros:Summer forever...
  • Cons:gimme time... yet I'm shocked...
  • In a nutshell:Huge open spaces, overwhelming life
  • Last visit to Aracaju: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 5, 2005

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Lovely Orkaena travel page with excellent photographs. The carnaval certainly attracts lots of local and foreign tourists. The beach from your images indeed looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I am in Columbia in February. Stay there!

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Thank you for flea market tip. Now I know alittle more about this big world! :) Have a good time.

• sinequanon's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 3:23 PM

you have added some beautifulllllllllllll photos in photo net! just been there again!

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 1:29 PM

Cuando es el dia del padre en Argentina? (en EUA es hoy: asi que felicidades aunque en tu pais no se celebre hoy)

• sakuyaini's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 5:05 PM

Beautiful page, beautiful pictures, from undeniably a beautiful country! Thanks for sharing them !!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 2:53 AM

An excellent page ! I like especially the restaurant tips !

• leosantanajr's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Carlos, very nice of you to tell all those good things about my place.....I’m happy that you liked here…I’m only sad because most of the tourists go to Rio, and they miss the beautiful NORDESTE. Congrats on your beautiful Aracaju’s webpage!!!

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 11:08 AM

I learned some things about a place I never heard of before. Nice travelogues!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2005 at 2:56 PM

Hola Carlos un tour muy completo sobre Aracaju! espero ir algun dia a Brasil,me han gustado sobre todo,todas las fotos de los travelogues,geniales!! ya veo que aparte de trabajo has visto mucho de la zona.

Orkaena

“I'm an animal in the process of evolution, bear with me as I take a stroll through this blue balloon”

Badges & Stats in Aracaju

Have you been to Aracaju?

Latest Activity in Aracaju