"SAND, SUN, SEA, AND.... OIL" Aracaju by Orkaena
Aracaju Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 77 photos
My visits to Brazil wasn't exactly a vacational journey, I flew to Aracaju twice, in march and april 2005 commiting a job for my oil company.
Three weeks working a lot, but I could take my time for wandering trying to enjoy this incredible, gigantic, contradictory, extraordinary country.
First impression is a shocking feeling that there are another world, a very different one. People is smiling always, their hospitality, their joy for life, the lack of prejudices (a bless, believe me), and the mithic brazilian music, much more than a CD playing in anyplace. Every people sings, every people dance, and almost every people play any instrument.
The extremely generous nature offers much more things than you can imagine, fruits, flowers, fishes, birds, a huge cornucopia of colors, shapes, tastes and sounds.
The ethernal summer gave me a strange feeling, so different from my very defined "four seasons" land, the surprise (yes I'm a fool) because they don't know what damn is a heathing system to make the cold winter a bearable experience.
At last, incomparable.
But as you should know, Brasil has his most paradigmatic characteristic in his music and dances. Doesn't matter if you are young or old, man or woman, but if you have a heart and legs, then you dance.
The spectacle is continuous, not only for the famous Carnaval de Rio, but in every place and specially in the evening, this sensual and provocative music plays all the time, everywhere.
People is generous, warm, hospitable, always in good mood, they aren't afraid of the contact with other people, always answer a question, and they like too much the conversation and sharing with friends.
They know how to enjoy the life, and they have a lot to enjoy, just look around you
- Pros:Summer forever...
- Cons:gimme time... yet I'm shocked...
- In a nutshell:Huge open spaces, overwhelming life
One of my greatest pleasures was the sailing of the river Santa María an Vaza Barras. Transportation from the small... more travel advice
Almost the whole Atlantic coastline of Brasil is plenty of beautiful beaches, and Aracaju isn't an exception. White or... more travel advice
Orkaena's Related Pages
Aracaju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAND, SUN, SEA, AND.... OIL"
- "Aracaju, the place where I was bourn"
- "The gateway to UNESCO site São Cristóvão"
- "Coolest city in Brasil"
- "My visit to Aracaju, Brazil"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aracaju
- Hotels in Aracaju
- Transportation in Aracaju
- Nightlife in Aracaju
- Restaurants in Aracaju
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aracaju
- 12 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Aracaju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aracaju
Photos in AracajuSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 49 photos
- Reims Intro, 10 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Madryn Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nisos Sifnos Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Pirámides Intro, 12 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Neuquén Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues